Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Naples Florida 5th Avenue Beach Club (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/naples-florida-5th-avenue-beach-club-947979/)

KathyK Aug 24th, 2012 03:40 PM

Naples Florida 5th Avenue Beach Club

I am considering renting a unit completely renovated in 2010 at the fifth ave beach club. We are going to Naples for a wedding in November and decided to make a weeks vacation of it since we have never been to this part of the state. it's through VRBO which I have never done before. The photos and reviews are great. anyone know anything about the property? Supposedly it is a block and a half from the beach and close to shopping and restaurants. Is the nearby beach a nice one?

BetsyinKY Aug 24th, 2012 08:14 PM

I don't know about the individual unit you're looking into renting, but we stayed in this complex twice a few years ago. At the time, it was very well maintained, with a small, but clean pool area and off street parking. The location was good and within walking distance of both the beach and the shops and restaurants of 5th Avenue.

KathyK Aug 25th, 2012 03:31 AM

Thank you Betsy. I was wondering about the property in general. The unit I'm considering looks great from the photos. I wanted to make sure about the property.

NeoPatrick Aug 25th, 2012 05:56 AM

I looked to purchase a unit in that building about 10 years ago (?) when it was being redone. I wasn't impressed with the cheap way they were doing it. I realize this may not mean much as a lot of time has passed since then, but I wouldn't worry. The location is WONDERFUL.

KathyK Aug 25th, 2012 08:58 PM

Thank you neopatrick for your reply. so happy to hear from a native that the location is good. With a total renovation of the condo in 2010 I probably can't go wrong.

NeoPatrick Aug 26th, 2012 04:09 AM

Condo aside. If someone said "where is the best place to stay in all of the Naples area?", I'd probably respond "as close to the beach and as close to Fifth Avenue South as possible." This place is exactly that!

Judy24 Aug 26th, 2012 04:55 AM

So why did Fodor's insert their promo for their Tucson guide?

Very odd given that the post was clearly labeled Florida.

May not so much "intelligence?"

NeoPatrick Aug 26th, 2012 07:44 AM

Good question. Almost as good as the ads for Fodors choices of hotels in India which they embedded in my thread about Tuscan wineries!

KathyK Nov 11th, 2012 06:24 PM

Patrick we are about half way through our stay. I wanted to say thanks for your info about the location of this condo. It is wonderful! Beach one way and shops/restaurants the other way. Perfect. I have visited a few of the restaurants you suggested on the other thread you started and I will comment on them there, but you gave great suggestions. Thanks so much.

KathyK Nov 11th, 2012 06:46 PM

The other thread that I started. Not you.