Naples Day Trip from Fort Myers/Sanibel

Nov 30th, 2018, 12:11 PM
Original Poster

Naples Day Trip from Fort Myers/Sanibel

Planning return visit to Gulf Coast in December staying in Fort Myers Sanibel Gateway area. I do day trips to beaches and lots of walking. I thought of taking day trip to Naples if this can be done by bus from Fort Myers area. I will not have car. I now travel on shuttle and buses to Lovers Key State Park where I connect with buses to some nice beaches.

I know I would need to leave from hotel after early breakfast to have enough time to walk in center and have time to do enjoy 5th Avenue shopping area and some lunch before my return. Would plan return before 7pm if this is possible. One time we were in Naples by car and made a stop at Miramar Outlets which I think is not far from Naples. If anyone knows the routes I would be happy to venture this day trip
I do not do many day tours with groups as prefer to explore areas at my own pace. Thank you to all who might be able to help me on this route.
Dec 1st, 2018, 06:13 AM

I don't think that is feasible without doing an overnight in Naples, due to bus schedules. There is a Greyhound bus that goes from Ft Myers to Naples and back, but the problem is it arrives in Naples around 9 am and the only bus back leaves around 2 pm. It is only an hour trip so if you don't mind that, sure, you can do it. I presume you can take a taxi to/from both bus stations. I know the one in Naples is not in the center of town, but to the east about 8 miles.
Dec 1st, 2018, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for response but I'd prefer having more time to enjoy day out, so might consider an overnight if I can change the hotel booking.

When I get to Fort Myers will speak to the bus drivers they know the routes which would involve transfers but prefer arriving into center close to 5th Avenue. Appreciate your help.
Dec 1st, 2018, 03:40 PM

We are not public transport
Dec 1st, 2018, 03:43 PM

We are not public transport areas. Sorry. Do you not drive? A rental car for the day makes infinitely more sense or even hiring a driver or Uber for the day. It seems sad to spend an entire day in Naples without also visiting Third Street South and perhaps Waterside or the Mercato and maybe doing a walk on the pier. And with a private car you could also do the stop at Miramar if you wanted.

Last edited by NeoPatrick; Dec 1st, 2018 at 04:11 PM.
Dec 1st, 2018, 03:58 PM

NeoPatrick: Just a hint, when something like that happens you can just edit your post adding the missing info or changing typos or whatever . . .
Dec 1st, 2018, 04:08 PM

Actually, I'm not sure what's going on. My second reply is less than half there. My first one suddenly disappeared in the middle of typing. I have tried to delete the first one three times without success.

Correction -- make that four times. It didn't show at all when I started the second post, but now won't go away no matter what I do.

Last edited by NeoPatrick; Dec 1st, 2018 at 04:12 PM.
Dec 4th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Original Poster

I will wait till I arrive in Fort Myers as I travel on shuttle to some beaches and buses for day trips. Shuttle drops me off at Lovers Key State Park, where I connect with bus towards Bonita Springs. I did see on my hotel website that they offer bookings for some nice day trips and boat rides on Gulf. I will look these over again before I leave and maybe there will be something that interests me. I manage very well on buses from Summerlin Square area to beaches and I pick up the bus at Fort Myers airport which is a big cost saving compared with paying for taxi. I have gone to Gulf Coast Town Center by bus and enjoyed walking around and one time we had a car rental we went for dinner a few times. If I see something to do in Naples that would require overnight I can book hotel there as my hotel booking can be adjusted. Appreciate all the help offered. Thanks.

Search this Thread