Jackson Hole -Teton Village Dining

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the double post - realized I should have been more specific about the area.

Message: We will be staying at the Four Seasons over Memorial Day and would appreciate restaurant suggestions. We will probably be hiking and will picnic for lunch, so will want a nice dinner (not necessarily expensive, but OK if the food is worth it) with good wine. We would probably prefer somewhere around the hotel, since I hear Jackson is 15-20 minute drive, but wiliing to travel for something worth the 30-40 minute RT.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 12:55 PM

Since you're not getting many suggestions.Consider a day trip to Grand Teton National Park.Straight & easy to find. Take a hike at Jenny Lake followed by dinner at the Jackson Lake Lodge. World-class views and a choice of restaurants.If you're not that industrious, all of the JH restaurants are listed under Destinations/Wyoming/GTNP under this website.
Old Mar 9th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. We were planning on the park so this is a good idea. I have the list of restaurants in Jackson, but it is hard to tell anything about quality or interest from a list.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 04:42 AM
maj

Sorry if you have already done this, but use the search engine above for Jackson Hole Dining, restaurants in Jackson, etc.

.http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...t=0&dirtyBit=1 (I don't know if this link will work)

Old Mar 10th, 2005, 08:40 AM

If it helps, we were disappointed with the Mangy Moose & wish that we had tried Nora's Fish Creek Inn.
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. Have heard of the Mangy Moose, and glad to hear some feedback. Where there aren't too many nearby options in remote places the quality tends to drift down. Will check out Nora's.
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 11:07 AM

Hi tacomaranch ~

About the Chef's Table on Broadway, since it's take out, is there someplace fun to take it (other than back to the Tetons)like a little park within JH?

Also, does anyone know anything about the rodeo in Jackson Hole during the summer?
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 12:00 PM

Hi ellen, we went to the rodeo a number of years ago (maybe 8 years??). Took kids and grandparents - everyone really enjoyed it. It's a pretty small rodeo compared to some (I now live in Texas where we go to the rodeo every year), but nonetheless it was an enjoyable evening for all our various ages. I remember especially liking the calf roping and the young'uns liked the kiddie calf chase. You've got to see it...

It's a great family night out. We were disappointed last year when we were there in late September that it had closed for the season. If you're there and it's going, kick up your heels and have some fun!

Happy travels!