Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Name Non-Resort Above Average Examples of Chain Hotels (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/name-non-resort-above-average-examples-of-chain-hotels-630570/)

MRand Jul 12th, 2006 08:11 PM

Name Non-Resort Above Average Examples of Chain Hotels

Ritz Carlton Huntington - Pasadena, CA
Westin Charlotte - Charlotte, NC
Four Seasons - Austin, TX
Hotel Monaco - San Francisco (although all the Monacos I've stayed in are pretty above average)

emd Jul 12th, 2006 08:52 PM

MRand, you are on a roll lately. Great post.

Ritz Huntington is one of my "all time anywhere" favorite hotels. Esp. if you can swing staying on the Club level and nosh away on the any of the FIVE amazing presenations of culinary delights that come with that level- which they call breakfast, lunch, tea time, cocktail and appetizers (includes caviar with all the needed accompaniments), and late night drinks and dessert bar. Can anyone say "no need to eat out"?

And if you can get a room on the Horseshoe Garden, then as Julie Andrews sang, "I Must Have Done Something Good..."

I will add to your list:

Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel (but is that a resort? if so, sorry)

Four Seasons Philadelphia - a definite for this list

emd Jul 12th, 2006 09:02 PM

Oh, how could I forget.

Since you did not limit this to the USA, then:

Westin Tokyo - Ebisu, Tokyo. One of the top 3 hotels I have stayed at, anywhere, period.

sparkerlaw Jul 13th, 2006 05:33 AM

Our favorite - Hampton Inn - Sedona.

Cher Jul 13th, 2006 06:05 AM

Another vote for the Ritz Huntington in Pasedena ... one of my favorites - a beautiful hotel with great rooms and service (and one of the nicest spas I've been to). And I love the fact that it's in the middle of a beautiful residential area ... great for just going for walks or jogging.

GoTravel Jul 13th, 2006 06:39 AM

Doubletree Surfcomber - South Beach
Doubletree - Charleston
Hampton Inn - Islmorada
Best Western King Charles - Charleston
Mills House Hotel (Holiday Inn) - Charleston

bardo1 Jul 13th, 2006 06:46 AM

Four Seasons Hôtel George V

Fodorite018 Jul 13th, 2006 07:00 AM

Ramada Inn--Penticton, Canada
Best Western Olympic Lodge--Port Angeles, WA
Alexis Hotel--Seattle, WA
5th Avenue Suites--Portland, OR
Holiday Inn Express--McKinleyville, CA

MRand Jul 18th, 2006 08:41 PM

Peabody - Little Rock

ggreen Jul 18th, 2006 09:07 PM

Marriott - Central district, Hong Kong

Cali Jul 18th, 2006 09:44 PM

We first stayed at the Ritz Huntington in Pasadena while attending a wedding and it is now a must for a weekend getaway for us even tho we live close by in Orange County. Truly a wonderful hotel.

MRand Jan 6th, 2013 05:55 AM

It's been a while since this was circulated, so I thought I would see if anyone has other hotels to add to the list. Here's one addition:

Ayres Hotel - Manhattan Beach/Hawthorne, one of my favorite non-beach hotels in the nearby LAX category.

sf7307 Jan 6th, 2013 11:02 AM

Sofitel Metropole Hanoi

obxgirl Jan 6th, 2013 11:44 AM

Kimpton. Sofitel.