Notices

Mystic - With Bicycles??

Jun 12th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Mystic - With Bicycles??

Hello - Hubby and I are spending a upcoming weekend in Mystic. We are staying at The Comfort Inn. Would it make any sense to take our bikes to ride between different parts of Mystic, lock up our bikes and walk in the busy areas? I have no idea what the roads and pedestrian paths look like and just wondering if this is a really bad idea...?

Also, is there anywhere in the Mystic area where we could go for a quick swim to cool off without having to drive to Rhode Island.

Thanks in Advance
Jun 26th, 2007, 01:29 AM

Can't really help you with the bike situation. The town is generally quite flat, the drivers are very friendly & I would find it very easy to ride around. Not sure if you could lock your bike up though as I don't recall seeing any places for that. There were bikes everywhere & there are some bike paths.
I stayed at the Comfort Inn last year. Suggest if you can getting an upstairs room away from the lifts. I read reviews that advised this & got a very quiet room - Apart from the crickets. The place was fantastic. Breakfasts were filling & help yourself - cereals, waffles, fruit & croissants. My kids never stopped drinking the hot chocolates - they were even on the exercise machines whilst drinking one.
The night we arrived I parked by the train station, which is straight down the road from the inn, & walked around. The next day we parked at the historic boat car park on the same road & followed the river into town. We later went to the olde village.
Hope someone can help you with your other questions.

Search this Thread