my trip to NYC

Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 05:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my trip to NYC

I have been using this website since I started planning my 50th birthday celebration in March. I am back from NYC and my trip did not have one glitch! From the airport to the Wellington Hotel to see all the plays and eat at the restaurants! My 2 daughters, and 2 nieces and myself saw Lion King, Gypsy and Hairspray. I can't pick a favorite, they were all great! We had dinner on my birthday at Tavern on the Green, and I was not disappointed. We got to eat in the Crystal room. We ate at the Carnigie deli, way too much food! Lunch one day at Macy's. Dinner at Puttanesca (Italian), the food was great but they only took American Express so we had to spend our cash! Ate at Rosa Mexicano where they make guacamole at the table and my daughters had pomegranite margaritas! We had Thanksgiving dinner at the Marriot Marquis on the 47th floor by the window and took in the skyline. If anyone would like further info on the restaurants, let me know. We also went to the Today show on my birthday and saw the Dixie Chicks. Thanks to all those that helped me plan a memory that is priceless.
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 05:35 AM

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Ain't NYC grand?
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 05:44 AM

It sure sounds like you packed alot into your trip! We leave for our NYC trip in 3 weeks, you have me even more excited now! More restaurant details please.
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 06:35 AM
blh

What is the restaurant on the 47th floor of the Marriott Marquis? How did you get a table by the window? Was the food good and was it a fixed price or did you order? We are going to be in New York at Christmas and are wanting a fun place for Christmas Day dinner. Also, how far ahead did you make your reservation and did you request the table by the window? Thanks!!
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 06:50 AM

Glad to hear your trip was everything you hoped it would be, cclem. NYC is fabulous indeed. Congrats on your birthday, as well!
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 07:33 AM
Original Poster

Yes New York City is grand! The restaurants I mentioned Puttanesca is at 859 9th Ave (between W. 55th and 56th), Rosa Mexicano is at 1063 First Ave, (and 58th St)212 753-7407. I made the reservations at the View Restaurant (Mariott Marquis)in June. It was a buffet that was out of this world and we were treated like guests. I would highly recommend it. Alittle pricey for someone from WI but well worth it. I did request a window table but I was told they could not promise it. Hope this helps.