Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   music on the road (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/music-on-the-road-663667/)

raviltraveler Dec 11th, 2006 10:46 AM

music on the road

HI all. I Must say I love this Site so much. I think its great. I live in Los Angeles. I work with the People's Choice Community and I love to eat out and travel through out CA and even out-side CA , when I have time. I love watching films about travel and when I am on the road, my MUSIC is sooo important to me. What are some albulms you all like to listen to on the road ?

trippinkpj Dec 11th, 2006 11:14 AM

Bonnie Raitt's Luck of the Draw
Everly Brothers's Greatest Hits
Fleetwood Mac's Rumours
Ray Charles' Genuis Loves Company
-- I'm still thinking... :-)

egret Dec 11th, 2006 02:14 PM

We have a great Jimmy Buffet Live CD that we love to listen to on trips.

hulajake Dec 11th, 2006 02:52 PM

IZ: Facing Futureand others but this our favorite
Essential Robin Trower
Concert for George: Eric Clapton and many others

crefloors Dec 11th, 2006 03:18 PM

The Doobie Brothers and the Eagles. All right...get the tomatoes ready...I also like Disco...I have some CD's I've burned of all my favorites..."It's raining men, halaluha, it's raining men, A Men"...LOL "I love the nightlife, I love to boogie....."
Sorry, got carried away with myself.

sunshine Dec 11th, 2006 04:00 PM

I LOVE Josh Groban, James Blunt, Carrie Underwood, Eric Clapton.

hulajake Dec 11th, 2006 04:23 PM

Creflors it's down right scary to know someone is on the road listening to that. Talk about cell phones, reading the paper, putting on makeup that probably explains road rage. I had to put on some Deep Purple to get that song out of my head lol.

AuntAnnie Dec 11th, 2006 07:25 PM

Lately, it is Mason Jennings "Boneclouds" and James Taylor's new Xmas cd.

trippinkpj Dec 11th, 2006 07:51 PM

My daughter told me about James Taylor's Christmas CD. That would be great for our roadtrip.

moneygirl Dec 11th, 2006 09:03 PM

In my disc changer today ( in order) Manheim Steamroller's Christmas , James Talors Christmas, Brian Setzer's Christmas, Keith Urban 's Be Here, Anna Nalick's Wreck of the Day and Joni Mitchell's Tapestry.

Other favorites, Bob Seeger's Greatest Hits, Fleetwood Mac's Rumors, Yes 90120.

Hope you find some you like! :)

mrsd2fan Dec 12th, 2006 05:34 AM

Bruce Springstten- Born to Run
Boston- any of them
Pat Benatar- any and all of them
Journey- Anything
John Waite and/or the Babys-anything

GoTravel Dec 12th, 2006 05:43 AM

Bill (iamq) helped me tremendously this summer with my iPod playlist.

Still lovin' the Buena Vista Social Club!

All Calypso, Afro-Cuban, Latin with a little hip hop (Black Eyed Peas) and rock and roll thrown in for good measure.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34821637

Lenore_Trippy Dec 12th, 2006 06:09 AM

Tom Petty's Highway Companion

zootsi Dec 12th, 2006 06:14 AM

Music is an obsession of mine, and most commercial radio is pretty dreadful, so we sometimes will grab a few cd's for the car. The last one we played was Lyle Lovet's big band cd. I also like to make up mixes with things like Asleep at the Wheel's 'Route 66', BB King's 'Driving With My Friends', Jimmy Buffet is always fun, I can sometimes get into Sinatra, Louis Prima, Roomful of Blues (my favorite band), Miles Davis, Laura Nyro, James Taylor, some world music, or even some good ol' Beach Boys or doo-wop when the mood strikes me. So much good music that never gets played on the radio - no wonder it's a dying medium.

mrsd2fan Dec 12th, 2006 06:22 AM

oh, I forgot one-
Roosevelt Dean- the voice of Syracuse..anything, especially "Somewhere round Georgia"

tovarich Dec 13th, 2006 03:24 AM

When we're travelling in the US we always buy those special CD's called the National park series. Beautiful music in combination with wildlife recordings taken in the parks.Very relaxing.For nearly every park they have a CD.They are sold in the Parks visitor centres.You can look up the titles in www.orangetreeproductions.com Paul

ObiOne Dec 13th, 2006 04:33 AM

"The night's busting open, these two lanes will take us anywhere."

Spirngsteen is by far the best road music (off-road too, actually). My on the road favorites are Born To Run, and The Essential.

mrsd2fan Dec 13th, 2006 05:27 AM

There's nothing better than early Springsteen, you can keep his new stuff.
My favorite song-
The rangers had a homecoming in Harlem late last night
And the Magic Rat drove his sleek machine over the Jersey state
line
Barefoot girl sitting on the hood of a Dodge
Drinking warm beer in the soft summer rain
The Rat pulls into town rolls up his pants
Together they take a stab at romance and disappear down Flamingo
Lane

Name that tune!

eileenleft Dec 13th, 2006 06:01 AM

Love The Boss's stuff especially while driving. All of it. Aaah.. thanks mrsd for getting me singing Jungleland to start my day at work.
John Hiatt too."Come on baby drive south, with the one you love..."
Most recently the soundtrack to "Wicked"; Defying Gravity over and over

mrsd2fan Dec 13th, 2006 06:07 AM

You're welcome! Have a great day!