Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Mulholland Drive--Where's the Best Night-Time View?

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:03 AM
2travelers

Help us out, Angelenos ... We'll be in LA next month and it's always been our goal to see the lights of LA from Mulholland Drive. So, where's the best viewing spot? Can you give us driving directions?

Many thanks in advance.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 12:43 PM
c

OMG-memories! I used to live up there and I can see the way to drive it but I don't remember the names of the streets!
It is an amazing sight,enjoy!

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:10 PM
Toni

I would say take Laurel Canyon or Coldwater canyon to Mulholland and then head west...great views of the San Fernando Valley!

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 06:04 AM
Patrick

For the views towards the downtown area, there is a nice lookout spot high up above the Hollywood Bowl. You could get to it off the expressway passing the Hollywood Bowl, but you'd be better off (depending where you are coming from) going up Laurel Canyon or Coldwater Canyon as mentioned above, but first heading east on Mulholland to this lookout, then turn around and do the drive back to the west.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:17 AM
2Travelers

Thanks a lot, everyone -- and we were especially glad you checked in, Patash -- always look forward to your input.

We will be coming from Venice, so it looks like 10E from SM, 405N, 101E to Laurel Canyon, then south to pick up Mulholland.

Will that work?