Mt. Hood Railroad

Sep 28th, 2003, 09:56 AM
syd
Original Poster

Mt. Hood Railroad

I'll be spending 2 nights in Hood River, Oregon in late October. Is a ride on the Mt. Hood Railroad worth the time? Thanks!
Sep 29th, 2003, 02:03 PM

It is a fun little train. If you have 2 full days in Hood River it might be worth it. Hood River itself is not very big and in a day you could see what there is to see and leave part of a day for the train and maybe some hiking.

October might still be harvest time so there might be some fruit at the end of the train loop. The trees won't be brilliant colors but they might have some pretty colours. If you wait to the last minute to decide try to watch the weather, a clear day would give you views of Mt Hood.

I am hesitant to recommend it too highly because it is not a thrill a minute but I think it is fun and enjoyed it and will do it again in the future.

Do try to see some of the waterfalls on Hwy 34 towards Portland, there are short and long hikes with pretty views.

October is a lovely time in Oregon. Enjoy!
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:04 PM

I think SaraLM means highway 84, not 34. There are tons of beautiful hikes and waterfalls all along 84 in the Gorge.
Have a great time!
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:35 PM

oops big typo yes I did mean Hwy 84

If you went on the train it, let us know if you enjoyed it. The weather has be gorgeous this October. I know we need the rain but the warm and sunny has been lovely!!

Search this Thread