New to the forum and looking forward to exchanging ideas and travel tips.
I will be vacationing in Seattle during early December and am researching day tours of either Mount Rainier or Olympic National Park. I realize that I will likely contend with cold temperatures and damp conditions with either option and so for me, neither are a deterrence. I also realize that both sites are vast and cannot be covered in a few days, but a one day and back, is my limitation. Based on this what do you suggest and why?
To give you an idea, I am looking to learn more about the great northwest with regard to wildlife, plant life, and scenery. Which do you feel will maximize my time and yield more opportunities for sights, smells, and sounds?
Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 2 Family winter holiday
- 3 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 4 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 5 Trip to Cali
- 6 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 7 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 8 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 9 4 days in San Diego
- 10 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 11 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 12 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 13 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 14 NY theater district restaurant
- 15 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 16 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 17 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 18 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 19 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 20 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 21 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 22 Big Sur weather in early December
- 23 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 24 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 25 Our next summer trip