Wilmington, NC information

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be making several trips down to Wilmington to apt. search for our youngest daughter, who has just accepted a job there. I'm looking for advice on good apts., good, reasonably priced restaurants, and possibly some local things to entertain us while making this move. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Old May 12th, 2004, 05:46 PM
bonniebroad

We live in Raleigh, two hours from Wilmington. Our favorite restaurant there is Elijah's, on the water. Wonderful food! I think your daughter will love living there........ it's a really neat area!

Old May 14th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion Bonnie. I wanted to surprise my daughter with a good restaurant to take her to, and that is the ONE and only one she's already been to! [she did say it was good though]

I'm hoping for some tips for her, as she moves in, in addition to favorite restuarants, and also, areas to concentrate on, for her apt. search. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old May 18th, 2004, 06:21 PM

I don't know anything about apts, but I would like to recommend a restaurant in the historic area : Caprice Bistro at 10 Market St.
We were visiting W-ton this spring and enjoyed it very much.
Old May 19th, 2004, 03:57 AM
Original Poster

Jenny, thanks for the recommendation. We are heading down there this weekend, to do our apt. search. What kind of food does it have?
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:46 AM

Let me suggest Grouper Nancy's on Nutt Street for something different. Though I've not eaten there, I've read about it's eclectic menu and it reads delicious. Two items pulled from the web site of Grouper Nancy's- 1) Grouper Nancy- grouper filet sauted with shrimp, scallions, tomatoes, black olives, green peppercorns, fresh herbs and a lemon buerre sauce served over angel hair pasta, and 2) Mark's Infamous Crabmeat stuffed Filet Mignon with peppercorn blue cheese sauce. For Mexican, I can vouch for El Vaquero on Route 17 two miles out from the river. My family and I eat there every time we vacation at Topsail Island. It is a authentic Mexican restaurant with a large selection at a great price.
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I look forward to trying out these places during our upcoming visits.