Motels/b&b's Jersey shore near Sea Isle

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 02:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone- My friends and their family rent a place in Sea Isle City NJ the week after Memorial Day. They've asked us to come visit, but we'd need to find a motel or b/b and I'm not finding too many choices. There seems to be a nice b/b in Wildwood, which doesn't seem to far away, but my friends say Wildwood's not the greatest town. Any experience with that area, the b/b-Candlelight Inn, or with the Colonnade Inn in Sea Isle? Cape May area looks great, but perhaps too far from Sea Isle. Any recommendations are appreciated-thanks!
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 01:46 PM

I would suggest you stay at the Colonnade Inn. I've never stayed there but the location is great.

North Wildwood would be ok but it's a long drive in summer traffic.

Check out this Web site for more information and a link to the Colonnade's Web site:

MyJerseyShore.com

Old Mar 6th, 2008, 01:21 PM
GBC

Wildwood is in three parts; North Wildwood (established, mostly residential and small motels), Wildwood (very racy, lots of bars and clubs) and Wildwood Crest(dry and large motels near a huge beach.) Norh Wildwood is an area of modest homes and motels and is really fine. There is a bridge at the north end that takes you up thru Stone Harbor and Avalon, then to Sea Isle.
Stone Harbor has some small hotels that might appeal to you. One is The Lark. A larger one that's on the beach is The Golden Inn.
Avalon has a b&b in a quiet area but it isn't on the beach.
The week AFTER Memorial Day is a quiet week. You'll find a place.
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 07:12 PM

you might get offers from local real estate companies - they sometimes rent in slow weeks for 3 nites.Ocean City is just above SIC. Try their Chamber of Commerce for Monihan, Berger and Grace realty companies.
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 07:32 PM

Wildwood Crest is a very nice area. There are many motels to choose from. The crest is away from the boardwalk area of wildwood and more family oriented.
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 10:55 AM

There are a few motels in Sea Isle itself. There are also a couple of B&Bs in Avalon which is right next door...and there are several motels at the Avalon/Stone Harbor border. If proximity to your friends is most important, there's no need at all for you to have to go as far as Wildwood or Cape May.