Reload this Page >

Motel in Ventura or Carpenteria

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2006, 03:25 PM
trippinkpj

I need to stay at a motel in this area on my way back from Palm Springs area, basic yet clean under $100.- a night. Any recommedations? I'm familiar with 101 lodging north of Santa Barbara, but not in this region. I'm hoping for a step up from Motel6, but will take one of the better ones if needed.

Old May 21st, 2006, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a friend that swears by the Motel 6 North Carpenteria. Clean and cheap for a shower and bed. I have not been there, but he stays every year for about 10 days and I jsut checked rates for early June and it is under $60.00 which is amazing for the
Santa Barbara area!
Old May 21st, 2006, 04:20 PM
trippinkpj

That is amazing. I did see that Motel6 well rated on Trip Advisor. That maybe the one. We are just using it as a pit stop, although I know there are nice places for breakfast there.

Old May 21st, 2006, 04:21 PM
trippinkpj

Thanks JoyLuck!

Old May 21st, 2006, 04:25 PM

I've stayed at the La Quinta in Ventura as well as the Country Inn & Suites, both for under $100 a night. It may depend what time of year you need to stay too. When are you coming through? There is a Holiday Inn Express in SB but the Holiday Inn in Goleta is yucky as I recall. There is also Pacifica Suites in Goleta if you need space. The Motel 6 In Carp. is right off the freeway and seems fine. My mom stayed there years ago and is is in a safe location. I hope this helps!!
Old May 21st, 2006, 04:54 PM
trippinkpj

I'm coming through in a couple weeks on a Sunday. Yes, I think that Motel 6 will work for us. Thanks for the info Laurenzo.

Old May 21st, 2006, 10:14 PM

I always thought the North Carpinteria location was the one to avoid and the south was passable...but check the reviews I guess.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 07:01 AM
trippinkpj

Based on trip advisor, they like Carp. north. Although, the south one is a newer style with the interior corridors. Thanks Tracy, I will double check.