Motel/Hotel in Montauk/Amagansett

Feb 16th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

Motel/Hotel in Montauk/Amagansett

My wife and I are panning a 4-5 day trip to the Montauk, Amagansett area in late May. Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice Motel/Hotel, other? We are looking for a place on the beach, with a pool, a/c, balconey, clean in the $150 to $200 per night range. Thanks Lefty
Feb 16th, 2006, 06:48 AM

My husband and I stay at Hartman's Briney Breezes in Montauk every year in September. It is located right across the street from a beach that is never crowded. Also has a very clean heated pool. We love it. Enjoy Montauk. It is truly one of my favorite places.
Feb 16th, 2006, 07:57 AM

There are surprisingly few places right on the ocean, so the ones there are are often very pricey. Hartman's does get good reviews. I have family that always stay at Lenhart's cottages, also across from the beach. It's not fancy but reasonably clean with separate cabins, some with views of the ocean. It does have a small pool.

The Panoramic View sounds more like what you want but gets mixed reviews on tripadvisor. I think their condo units are better than the motel units.

Here's an older thread with a few more options.
http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...1&tid=34631248
Feb 16th, 2006, 08:15 AM

Burcliffe by the Sea
397 Old Montauk Hwy. - Montauk , NY
Phone: 631-668-2880

We stayed in this place from the time my children were small until we found a house in Montauk, years later. It is in the neighborhood of Gurneys Inn and Lenharts, you walk across the street and down the path to the beach..The cottages have fireplaces.

Right in town, are hotels right on the beach, with balcony and pool but they are mostly charmless and terribly busy and noisy when the season gets going.
Hartmans might be better, no balcony but a pool.

I miss Montauk
Feb 16th, 2006, 11:19 AM

It does look great Scarlett. I'll have to check it out. 8-)
Feb 18th, 2006, 12:33 PM

Hartman's does not have a private balcony, but each unit does have access to shared deck that runs across the entire building. There are lounge chairs and tables on the decks...perfect for morning coffee or afternoon wine and cheese. From the second floor units, a beautiful view of the ocean exists. I miss Montauk too!!
Feb 18th, 2006, 01:20 PM

mclaurie, we used to go there when it was owned by a lady named Mrs Stanick, that was the name then, Stanicks. We would spend Easter weekends, off season times all bundled up with a fire at night, we would make lobster in the little kitchen. Then as the kids grew up, it was great, right across the street from the beach.
I have fond memories of that little place and I think it remained in good condition with the new owner.
Mar 17th, 2006, 06:35 AM

i have to disagree with someone... there are tons of places right on the beach in montauk!!! TONS!!! I would check out Panoramic View, Wavecrest, Atlantic Terrace, Surf Club, etc. There are tons more, but those are some of the better ones to stay in (i'm not sure about their prices though). But i would start calling NOW! They book up early!

I live in montauk so feel free to ask anything you want.
Mar 17th, 2006, 10:31 AM

wavecreat is a good choice and meets your requirements. it's right on the beach, just a few minutes drive outside the heart of montauk.
i and a group of friends stayed in 3 of their overlook suites for a few days and everyone was very happy with it.
it's not luxury and the furnishings are a little dated, but i really liked it and plan to return.
http://www.wavecrestonocean.com/
Mar 17th, 2006, 10:39 AM

There's a little place in Amagansett called the White Sands. It sits on the beach. Units are modest, and some have cooking facilities. There are two that sit in the front and hve nice ocean views. This place doesn;t advertise much because people come back year after year, and it books up very early. But you can try...
Mar 31st, 2006, 10:01 AM

Ocean Resort Inn is right across from the beach and the prices are very reasonable. No pool, but there are BBQs, picnic tables, etc. Virginia there is so nice!