Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   most romantic (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/most-romantic-131276/)

xxx Jun 20th, 2001 10:49 AM

most romantic

what is the most romantic esczpe-- <BR>short or long- <BR>

Ess Jun 20th, 2001 12:49 PM

Rather depends on your idea of romantic, doesn't it? City escape or natural surroundings?

Ess Jun 20th, 2001 12:54 PM

Actually, I'm going to reply to this again. My most recent romantic escape was last Friday night, our own backyard. We had another couple over for dinner and ate late, outdoors, by candlelight. Lots of good food and wine. Later, after dessert, we drove to the beach with another bottle of wine and sat around talking and looking at the lights reflected on the water. That was a nice, and romantic, escape from the week's worries and a great way to start the weekend.

Suzie Jun 20th, 2001 01:01 PM

Every year, last weekend in September, Lake Tahoe. Kids are with grandparents and we're free to hike, fish, rollerblade, read a book/magazine and dream all day. Wonderful dinners. Drinks lakeside.

xxx Jun 20th, 2001 03:36 PM

ess <BR>just what I was looking for ...Ideas :) <BR>thanks!

Cathy Jun 26th, 2001 09:01 AM

Suzie -<BR>I'm trying to plan a trip to Lake Tahoe for some friends as a gift... Any recommendations on places to stay? Something romantic, quiet would be perfect.

Suzie Jun 26th, 2001 09:21 AM

What time of year would this be? What price range?

Cathy Jun 27th, 2001 12:02 PM

The gift we want to purchase would be 2 nights... kind of a gift certificate that could be used any time of year... and we wouldn't want to spend more than $150/night

Suzie Jun 27th, 2001 12:42 PM

Cathy,<BR>While some of these aren't necessarily romantic in and of themselves, a weekend away with my DH sans children is romantic and taking in the sights and restaurants of Tahoe is romantic. That said here are places I've stayed that I would go back to:<BR><BR>Embassy Suites: Since it's a sute we had lots of room to spread out. Also they have a sunny deck on which to enjoy the complementary cocktail hour. Close to some really great restaurants. In south shore but on the CA side. <BR>Tahoe Seasons: Also a suite. Has an enormous jacuzzi in the room. Across the street from Incline Tram so if it's a full moon take the tram to the top!<BR>Sunnyside Lodge: West shore near Tahoe City right on the lake. Great deck for drinks and yummy food served in the restaurant. Rooms are nice and can get a view of the lake. Has a private area for guests on 2nd floor.<BR>Hyatt Incline: Rooms were recently redone with a real lodgy feel to them. Down comforters with duvet covers. Lakeside cottages are very expensive but fabulous.<BR>Plumpjack Squaw Valley Inn: Very fun. Nice rooms. Right next to the tram so they can go up to high camp. It's in Squaw Valley but it's a quick trip to the lake. www.plumpjack.com<BR>Resort at Squaw Creek: Very nice resort. Can get deals on the internet. Friends are getting $159.00 over the 4th.<BR>Finally somewhere I'd like to stay:Chaney House B &amp; B. check it out www.chaneyhouse.com.<BR>Let me know if you have questions.<BR><BR><BR>