Montana-1 day in Glacier,1 day in Missoula

Jul 16th, 1998, 10:48 AM
Mom

Montana-1 day in Glacier,1 day in Missoula

Need suggestions for a quick trip to Montana. What is the best way to see Glacier in one day? Where to stay near Glacier? Where to stay in Missoula? How hard is the drive between the two? Any suggestions appreciated.

Jul 16th, 1998, 01:18 PM
Paul Rabe

The best way to visit Glacier in one day is drive the Going to the Sun Road, east to west. When you are done, I can almost guarantee you will kick yourself for spending only a day there [well, I did, anyway :^) ].

The drive from Missoula to West Glacier is no problem. There are innumerable motels and campsites between Kalispell and West Glacier, and several on the east side of the Park.

Jul 17th, 1998, 05:02 AM
gloria

hello "mom" -- you will be AMAZED by glacier and missoula is a fun community -- i agree with the post above -- drive the "going to the sun road" -- be sure to do a little hiking, such as hidden lake at the top of logan pass, or if you have a little more time to hike, do avalanche lake near mcdonald lodge -- the drive between west glacier and missoula is about 2 to 2 1/2 hours -- the drive is lovely -- if you have the time in missoula, ride the "merry go round" near downtown -- it is quite charming......have a grand time....gloria

Search this Thread