Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Mom's 60th: "All Dressed Up and No Place To Go" (5/9 - 5/11/97)

Mom's 60th: "All Dressed Up and No Place To Go" (5/9 - 5/11/97)

Apr 14th, 1997, 10:57 PM
Scott Cruchley

Mom's 60th: "All Dressed Up and No Place To Go" (5/9 - 5/11/97)

We (my father, sister and brother-in-law) would like to take my mother away for a weekend birthday celebration.

We (5) live in Sacramento, CA and we enjoy having a lot of FUN. We're flexible, (except for the dates 5/9 - 5/11/97) and flush! Can someone help stir our imaginations? Any suggestions within a short plane/drive would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Apr 16th, 1997, 12:21 PM
Karen Richardson

Maybe a special hotel in the wine country: Auberge Du Soleil, for the feeling of Provence; Meadowood; or the Sonoma Mission Inn. You can spoil her with the spa treatments.

The Del Coronado in San Diego would have a nice ambience and some great views - lots to do in that area.

Apr 17th, 1997, 11:07 AM
Steve G

You might try coming up here to Seattle. Have you been to Seattle lately? It's a short plane trip and there's lots to do. Stay at the Alexis downtown (or somewhere cheaper if need be). Visit the waterfront, terrific Pike Place Market, and the almost all new downtown shopping district very nearby. Take your pick of outstanding restaurants. With an optional car, take some great short drives to Snoqualmie Falls or Mount Rainier (weather permitting).

Apr 19th, 1997, 04:58 AM
Lynda Kramer

I'm 59 and I'd enjoy a trip to Tahoe (everyone can do their own thing) or a weekend in the wine country. I'm sure your Mom will be happy just to be with everyone. Happy Birthday!

Search this Thread