Notices

Moderately priced Newport B & B?

Jul 12th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Julia

Moderately priced Newport B & B?

I've lived in Massachusetts all my life but I've never been to Newport. Would love to visit Newport this fall (in the off season) with my husband for a weekend getaway. Can someone recommend a moderately priced B&B (~$150) with good service and clean rooms? There are plenty of B & Bs there so tell me where you've stayed. Thanks!

Jul 16th, 2002, 09:23 AM
lili

we opted for the B&B, last minute on a weekend - you can find something for $100 w/ great full breakfast-
check out admiral fitsroy (great location on thames st.) or winestone for a bit more upscale, nice gourmet breakfast (that's where we ate, but stayed at the elm street inn for $95, 5 minute walk to harbor, not posh but very clean and quaint)
(be sure and request about a parking permit with your stay)
check out this site for accomodations:
http://www.travelhero.com/search.cfm/country/US/state/RI/city/NEWPORT/hotels/reservations/

Jul 17th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Theresa

I stayed at a B&B on Thames this weekend. The owners have 4 or 5 in this area. We paid $169 a night for the General's Quarters in the Admiral's House. It was very spacious, nice and very conveniently located for walking to everything. I would stay there again.

Theresa

Search this Thread