Moderate restaurants in the French Quarter

Oct 10th, 2000, 05:49 PM
JoAnn

Moderate restaurants in the French Quarter

We have made our reservations for some pricey restaurants for dinner. Any suggestions for some moderate priced restaurants in the quarter for dinner other nites?

Oct 10th, 2000, 06:11 PM
John

Just some suggestions of good, "casual" (i.e., cheap!) restaurants in the Quarter: Louisiana Pizza Kitchen, Angeli on Decatur, Crescent City Brewhouse, Quarter Scene and Port of Call.

Oct 10th, 2000, 06:12 PM
Ellen G.

O'Brians was moderate, delicious and fun!

Oct 11th, 2000, 03:54 AM
John

Ellen, do you mean Pat O'Briens?

Oct 11th, 2000, 04:27 AM
texasgirl

a couple of cheap places i like are acme oyster house and johnny's poboys, (get the grilled muffaletta) Although, honestly, i've only eaten there for lunch so i don't know if they're even open for dinner. Also, thanks to A Confederacy of Dunces, I always have to eat a Lucky Dog one night of every trip....

Oct 11th, 2000, 06:24 AM
SharonM

As I've mentioned before, I love the Mona Lisa!!! It's just a little dive in the quarter and it's BYOB, but for absolutely wonderful pizzas and salads, it's the place to go! (Paul Newman ate there too when he was filming some flick down there...)

Oct 11th, 2000, 07:25 AM
ellen

Yep, that's it! Loved the atmosphere. Also ate at 'nicer' places, but the question was for 'moderate.'

Oct 11th, 2000, 09:35 AM
Meg

Great suggestions so far! Try a muffaletta at Central Grocery on Decatur. Redfish Grill in the 100 block of Bourbon can be done in moderation, but it can get expensive - especially at dinner. Clover Grill on the corner of Bourbon and Dumaine for burgers or breakfast - open 24 hours. Quarter Grocery at Dumaine & Bourbon or Verte Mart on Royal near Mona Lisa (1100 block, maybe?) offer good po-boys to go. Mother's in the CBD has great po-boys although they're more expensive there than the grocery stores I mentioned or Johnny's - but I think the price difference is worth it. If you want to get out of the Quarter at all, there are plenty of moderately priced places on Magazine Street such as Juan's Flying Burrito for Mexican and Joey K's for onion rings, rice & beans and COLD beer. In Marigny, check out Cafe Marigny (1900 block of Royal, I think) or Feelings Cafe (2600 Chartres - requires a short cab ride). Feelings also has a good Sunday brunch that won't set you back a fortune.

Oct 11th, 2000, 09:37 AM
Meg

Oops! Didn't proofread before I posted. The Quarter Grocery is at Dumaine & Burgundy - not Dumaine & Bourbon.