Moab & Park City

Feb 19th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Original Poster

Moab & Park City

Where do you recommend to stay in Moab or Park City. We plan to stay 2 nites in Moab and 2 nites in Park City after a river trip.
Also what are some good places to eat...laid back, good food, maybe live music. Our trip will be in June
Feb 19th, 2003, 09:35 PM

My favorite place to stay in Moab is the Gonzo Inn. The rooms are eclectic, some have fireplaces, etc. Pack Creek Ranch up the canyon is also a good place to stay.

There are several good places to eat in Moab - Moab Brewery, Center Café, Buck's, Slickrock Café. The Jail House (I think that's what it's called) is a great place to get breakfast.

In Park City we usually stay at the Marriott, but there are probably places with more charm. I like to eat in Deer Valley, and Adolph's in Park City is one of our favorites. Some of Utah's best restaurants are in Park City. Bon Appetit!
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:39 AM

We moved to Park City in November and are still getting the lay of the land, but we have found some good eating places.

The fine dining restaurants that are OUTSTANDING are Grappas and Riverhorse. Also great is Zoom which is owned by Robert Redford. These are all on main street. There is a great brewpub at the end of main street that has decent food and good home brewed beer (I think its called Wasatch Brew Pub). There are good eating establishments all up and down main street, some with entertainment.

A good place for breakfast on main street is the Eating Establishment.

Off main, Riverhorse on the Green is great (fine dining). I've also heard that Chez Betty is really good (from a number of locals...although we haven't tried yet).

When we were househunting, we stayed at the Marriott Mountainside (condos that you can book on Expedia) which were great because they are right at the Park City resort. We were there in October and the resort has lots of outdoor activities (Alpine slide, Zip Ride, mountain biking, etc.) We also stayed at the Marriott right on Main Street and they were also nice and very conveniently located.

I hear June is a great time of year to be in Park City and you should be able to get some good hotel rates.

Good luck!
Feb 20th, 2003, 10:45 AM

Hi 10 chick,

Another great place to stay in Moab is the Dreamkeeper Inn, B&B. They are just a block off the highway in Moab, owners are super nice, large backyard with huge shade trees, pool & hot tub. The grow all their own organic veggies, herb garden & flowers. Mountain bike storage avail in the garage.

ParkCity Gal's recommendations echo my own. Another excellent restaurant in Park City is Glitretind at Stein Erickson's Lodge, Deer Valley. Both Grappa & Stein's will really set you back $$$, but are worth every penny. I always take guests to The Eating Establishment for great food at reasonable $. Texas Red's BBQ on Main has been around forever & my friends really liked it too.

Have fun, you 'll love both places & will probably want to come back. Be sure to visit Utah Olympic Park, site of the Nordic ski jumps, bob sled & luge tracks. The athletes practice in the summer & the aerialists put on incredible shows Saturdays at noon. You must buy tickets in advance,they always sell out.

Search this Thread