Search

Milwaukee - Amtrak station to Summerfest Grounds Best way to Go

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2009, 11:26 AM
moo
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Milwaukee - Amtrak station to Summerfest Grounds Best way to Go

Teens are going to WARP Tour Concert and I am checking to see how they can get to and from Amtrak Station to the Summerfest grounds. They will take train from Sturtevant to Milwaukee and then need to get to the Concert and do the reverse to return. What public transportation is there available to do that and what are the details: Where to pick up a bus, what is the bus schedule, what is the cost? Where to they catch the bus to come back to the Amtrak station? How long of a bus ride is it?

Thanks!
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 11:34 AM

The train station is only a few blocks from the summerfest grounds. I bet the amtrack website has bus options.
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 12:08 PM

It's only about a 15 minute walk from the train station to the summerfest grounds. It is a safe area to walk so I wouldn't worry about that. They can walk east (left out the door of the station) on St. Paul. At the end of St Paul is a parking lot, cut through the parking lot and they will be at the north end of the grounds. Walk south on Harbor Dr to the south gate to get into the show. On the way back, it will be dark but I still wouldn't be too worried about the walk if it's a big group of kids not just a couple. During Summerfest and the other big festivals, there are shuttles to/from running along Wisconsin Ave for $3 round trip but I didn't see those shuttles for Warped Tour last yr. (Yes, I was there with my teenager.) If you are worried about the walk back, they can call a cab. It would probably cost about $20 for up to 4 people. In Milwaukee you have to call a cab, you can't flag on down. As for getting the bus back, if there isn't a special Wis. Ave. shuttle from the grounds, I think it's just as safe to walk back as it is to walk up to Wis Ave., wait for the bus, ride the bus and walk back to the station. And it would probably be faster to walk though.
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 01:23 PM

This was posted on the Milwaukee County Transit page.

http://www.ridemcts.com/news/index.asp?id=1312

Attention people attending the Warped Tour 2009 on July 30th

If you are attending the Warped Tour at the Summerfest Grounds on Thursday, July 30th, please note we do not have any special transit service to this event. Yet, there is regular service that will get you close to the Summerfest Grounds. Please call 414-344-6711 for someone to assist you with the routing. Make sure you plan your return routing at the same time since there is limited evening service.