Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

MILLENNIUM HOTEL, good view of the Ball Drop in Time Square...Yes or No ???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Greg

My wife and I have planned a trip to New York for New Year's Eve and want a hotel with a view of the Ball Dropping. We have reserved a room at the Millennium Hotel. We want to know if it has a good view or not. Also, is it a nice hotel? We would appreciate a response. P.S. for certain reasons, we did not provide E-mail address and we do not expect you to post it either...hope no one is offended.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 01:02 PM
xx

KG worries?

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 01:09 PM
don

Are you talking about the Millennium Broadway? There are two Millenniums. the Millennnum Broadway is a half of a block off of Times Square. We stayed there a couple of years ago and the room had a wonderful view, but what you havew a view of will depend on what side of the building you are on. Our room was facing north which did not give us a view of Times Square. By the way the restaurant there in the hotel was really excellent.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 01:34 PM
rqf

The Broadway Millenium is a very nice hotel. I don't believe there are any rooms in the hotel from which you can see the ball drop.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Howard

I believe that rqf is correct. However, why not call the hotel and ask? Incidentally, if they do, the hotel probably charges top dollar for the rooms on New Year's Eve.

Old Feb 13th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Kitty

Rooms with a view of the ball dropping are a) the best kept secret on the planet (hotels with rooms with a view have only a FEW rooms on that side with no obstructions) and b) are very, very expensive and snatched up years in advance. Zillions of folks have the same idea - see the ball drop up close and personal without suffering the weather or crowds. Good luck.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 05:08 AM
Former NYer

Stylish rooms with great service. Our room was somewhat small, but we got a great deal through Quikbook.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Philip

If it is your desire to see the ball drop, you may want to check with the Marriott Marquis. I think they have some rooms that are guaranteed view. Of course as others have said you will pay through the nose for the room and they may be booked up a few years ahead of time.

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 07:41 AM
cindy

we stayed in a corner room (the corner was all glass!)there that had an awesome view of the ball, etc. but can't remember room number - the rooms are small but adequate - this was a basic room not a suite or anything...i would call the hotel and talk to them about it