My wife and I had a wonderful vacation in Michigan last summer thanks to the folks on this forum. We spent 5 days in the Bay Harbor and Petoskey area and it was great.
Now we are planning a late September/early October five day fall getaway and are looking for some ideas. We are really into quaint & historic areas (we loved the gaslight district in Petoskey) and are thinking about traveling up along the lake starting near Holland or Grand Haven and heading north all the way to Mackinac Island.
Is 5 days enough and are there recommendations on must visit/must stay areas along the way ? Are there places that we should just skip altogether ?We are not opposed to stopping in Bay Harbor/Petoskey again .
We also want to experience the fall colors - is this a good route for this time of year ?
Your comments and recommendations are once again very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://healthsupplementzone.com/platinum-xwl/
- 2 http://healthsupplementzone.com/invigorate-x/
- 3 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 4 Chasing Sargent in Nashville
- 5 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 6 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 7 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 8 B&B in Bar Harbor or Southwest Harbor?
- 9 Christmas getaway
- 10 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 11 NY theater district restaurant
- 12 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 13 Upper Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Par
- 14 Family winter holiday
- 15 Sjc Car Rental
- 16 Trip to Cali
- 17 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 18 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 19 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 20 4 days in San Diego
- 21 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 22 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 23 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 24 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 25 Not a Typical Trip Report