Headed to Miami next weekend, arriving at 12:30 pm Saturday and leaving at nearly 7 pm on Monday. Wondering if people can help me figure out the best order or grouping of some of my sites, as well as help me fill in some dining and bar hopping options.
I'm staying Saturday at Courtyard Miami Downtown and Sunday at JW on Brickell, so both will be downtown. I plan to take Metromover to and from the airport and walk between the two hotels. I presume this is possible ...
I'd ideally like to visit the following sites:
South Beach walking, and also to do an art deco walk around Collins/Ocean
Biltmore Hotel tour - I guess on a Sunday
Spanish monastery - is this really that exciting?
Calle Ocho - I presume I could walk from my hotel?
Some kind of art museum - I strongly prefer European, especially Impressionistic art, and much of Miami's art scene seems very modern to me. is there a museum that fits the bill?
But I'm finding that transportation seems difficult. I will not have a car. Also, all of these sites seem fairly spread out.
Are there other good areas to walk around/to? Maybe even some shopping at Brickell or some beach walking?
I have written down a la follie in South Beach and The River downtown, as it is near my hotel. I strongly prefer French/Mediterranean, and seafood. Ideally 20-30 dollars for dinner.
Odds and ends:
1) I typically like a tall building with a new view when I travel. Are there any such observatory-type sites?
2) What about a nice wine bar where I can have a drink?
3) Any thoughts on the gay "scene" - I typically like to go to a bar or two, not the dance club/image-conscious type, though. (Twist and/or Score, maybe?)
I realize this is much more scattered than my usual queries here are. Any advice would be helpful - thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NFL Football Game
- 2 Morning Activity No Car Downtown Poughkeepsie
- 3 Where would you go in March?
- 4 10 day California Trip in July
- 5 RV Grand Canyon
- 6 I need help
- 7 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 8 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 9 New York in 5 days
- 10 Newport Beach restaurants
- 11 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 12 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 13 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 14 Expedia
- 15 Italian Provisions
- 16 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 17 girls trip / oregon
- 18 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 19 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 20 Vacations in New Orleans
- 21 4 days in Miami
- 22 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 23 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 24 Las Vegas TR
- 25 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area