M.L.YOUNG

MIAMI LAKES FLORIDA

COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT AND WELLESLEY HOTELS
ALSO DON SHULA HOTEL - PRICEY

NICE COMMUNITY WITH A PICTURE PERFECT MAIN STREET

IT IS OFF THE PALMETTO ROUTE 826

Old Jul 9th, 1998, 04:38 PM
Carol

I agree Miami Lakes is nice. It's northwest of the airport, but not far from the turnpike and other routes south. If you want something more on the way, though, you might look near the airport or in Coral Gables or the Kendall area along US 1.
I live in Aventura (northeast of airport) and work in Coral Gables. If there's a place I could check out for you, I'd be glad to. Let me know what your group consists of and price range. And some time in the future, come back and stay for awhile. We're not hostile!

Old Jul 14th, 1998, 07:56 PM
Anna Dalmau

My suggestion is to stay at a La Quinta Inn which should be opening up this week just off N.W. 87 Avenue and N.W. 25 Street (approximately). This is West of the airport (about six miles). It's mostly a business district, surrounded by several residential areas including Doral and Fountainebleu. The turnpike is just a few miles West of there and two main expressways - Dolphin (836)East-West and the Palmetto (826) North/South. There are several nice restaurants along N.W. 87 Avenue (North & South) and
International Mall (NW 107 Ave & NW 12 St.) and Mall of the Americas (NW 79 Ave & Flagler Street, where you can get a taste of the Latin flavor of Miami. Godspeed and safe travels to you!

Old Jul 15th, 1998, 03:42 AM
Maja

Do you know anything about The Park Central Hotel? Will be staying there 1 night before the cruise and 1 night after. Also considering Villa Paradiso in South Beach area. Do you know anything about that place? Thanks.