We are taking our 3 year old to a wedding in Miami and visiting family in Ft Lauderdale end of Nov. We will have 8-9 nights, plan to stay 2 nights in a hotel in Miami for the wedding then rent a beach condo from vrbo for one week anywhere in the area. Only vaguely informed about Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Key West and know nothing about other southern FL areas. Husband and I have both been to Miami for business but not for vacation. We want a relaxing vacation with lots of beach and pool time with the kid. Interested in taking in a little art and Cuban culture in Miami but that's not the focus of our trip. Don't need to be in the middle of glitzy restaurants or clubs... we live in Manhattan and already dragged kid to Paris and Hong Kong in the past 18 months so it would be nice if this trip is a slower pace, less city life and more family and nature. Not interested in shopping or Disney. We will have a rental car.
How are these these places different as they relate to a family vacation? Which has best laid back, safe and beautiful beaches? Appreciate any suggestions on where to set up base camp for one week.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 2 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 3 Our next summer trip
- 4 Family winter holiday
- 5 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 6 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 7 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 8 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 9 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 10 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 11 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 12 Muir Woods - new rules
- 13 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 14 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 15 Padre Islands
- 16 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 17 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 18 NASHVILLE
- 19 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 20 4 days in San Diego
- 21 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 22 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 23 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 24 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 25 Galveston