Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Miami Hotel:Fountainebleau, Riu Florida Beach Hotel or Wyndham Miami Beach Resort (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/miami-hotel-fountainebleau-riu-florida-beach-hotel-or-wyndham-miami-beach-resort-574669/)

meliss35 Dec 5th, 2005 07:55 PM

Miami Hotel:Fountainebleau, Riu Florida Beach Hotel or Wyndham Miami Beach Resort

We are thinking of going to a hotel on the beach in Miami for a couple of days at the end of December. We have two kids (10 and 14). We want a hotel on the beach with a nice pool area. Looking into three hotels: Fontainebleau, Riu Florida Beach hotel or Wyndham Miami Beach Resort. We would love to stay at the Loews but it is too expensive. Any recommendations would be great?

bamakelly Dec 5th, 2005 07:57 PM

Fountainbleu is nice; Eden Roc next door might be a good option for you too!

GoTravel Dec 6th, 2005 06:13 AM

Agree with bamakelly, the Fountainbleu or the Eden Roc.

meliss35 Dec 6th, 2005 06:22 PM

I heard some bad reviews of the Fontainebleau. The reviews mostly talked about that the rooms were not updated and service wasn't good. The pool area of the Fontainebleau looks really nice. It looks like it would be great for my kids. Has anyone stayed there recently?

Ronda Dec 6th, 2005 09:52 PM

We did not stay there but my husband attended a conference at the Fontainebleau. It is very dated, the pools are nice, and there are lots of kids running around. They even have little family cabannas you can rent. We stayed at the Marriott clear at the bottom of SOBE. They had a very nice pool and right on the beach. The rooms were very nice but be sure to request one overlooking the park or you may end up with one facing the adjoining apartment building. The SOBE area is definitely more adult than the area where the Fontainbleau is.

bamakelly Dec 7th, 2005 07:45 PM

My experience is the same as Rondas, although I did actually see a lot of the hotel and many rooms. They are VERY outdated and service was cold-shoulder compared to where we stayed (next door at Eden Roc). The pool is awesome at FB, though.

disneyfreaks Dec 12th, 2005 02:52 PM

We are staying at the fontainebleau over Christmas. I Also heard mixed reviews. BUT overall i seamed to gather the pool is awesome I THINK my kids will really enjoy it. I also read somewhere to request a renovated room. they also have a new tower biulding with suites starting at about 300.00 a night if you can swing it. I DID HEAR ALOT THAT SERVICE ISN'T THE GREATEST.

meliss35 Dec 12th, 2005 08:02 PM

We are leaning toward staying at the Fontainbleau during Christmas because of the pool. I think the kids will have a great time at the pool. Usually when I look at a hotel on the beach I look for a nice pool for the kids. That is more important to me then the room just as long as it is clean.

GoTravel Dec 13th, 2005 04:22 AM

Ask for a room in the new highrise.