Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Miami Dolphin Tickets (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/miami-dolphin-tickets-344926/)

donegal28 Apr 16th, 2008 06:43 PM

Miami Dolphin Tickets

Does anyone know how I can get tickets for a game in Miami in November? How about a hotel close to the stadium, and can a travel agent get tickets, when booking a trip? THANKS

AAFrequentFlyer Apr 17th, 2008 02:02 AM

You basically have 3 choices:

1. Wait until individual game tickets go on sale sometime in mid-summer - www.miamidolphins.com Face value plus the regular surcharges.

2. www.ticketexchange.com is the official site of the Dolphins for fans reselling their tickets. You will have to wait until the season ticket holders get their allotment and start reselling tickets. On the average it will probably be twice the ticket face value. Can be expensive.

3. Buy tickets from scalpers just before the game. The longer you are willing to wait the better the prices. This is my favorite route for getting really nice tickets at reasonable prices. I bought club seats for Bears games in Chicago and Tampa for less than face value. This method is not for everybody but it works for me.

Reporting from Dubai Hilton. On the way home.

milemarker0 Apr 17th, 2008 08:49 AM

They should be paying YOU to come see the games....just kidding, AAFF gives you the best advice.

Unless you need the hotel to be right at the stadium, I'd pick a different place for the hotel...there's nothing much to do in the area of the stadium.

Look into Fort Lauderdale, Miami Beach, Coconut Grove, etc...

MiamiBeachMomma Apr 17th, 2008 09:24 AM

There is a local place that is call todd tickets (www.toddstickets.com) Ticket face values are around 80 bucks (parking and fees not included.) He is located in the Aventura Mall.
There really arent hotels near the stadium (I wouldnt stay near there anyway.) Stay in Sunny Isles Beach - that is about a 20 minute ride with game traffic to the stadium. Aventura is closer but not on the beach.
As a long time dol-fan lets hope this season we can win more that 1 game!!!

milemarker0 Apr 17th, 2008 09:31 AM

Also, the November 23rd game against the Patriots will be harder to get, as it usually sells out.

donegal28 Apr 18th, 2008 04:35 PM

Thanks for the replys. I will be looking into the different options; We are planning this for my husbands 50th B-DAY, which is a game day in Miami, and he had never seen the stadium. Thanks.

chrisv37 Apr 21st, 2008 01:09 PM

I went a couple of years ago for my birthday in October and got tickets for both a Miami Hurricanes game and a Dolphins game from Ebay. Unfortunately a hurricane hit and they changed the game days and we didn't get to see either one. Sign up on the Dolphins website for newsletters and they will announce when the single game tickets will be on sale usually around July. We stayed in Miami beach at a Wyndham and were told there were plenty of public transportation options if that is good for you. Also, the Heat may be playing at home too and your husband might get to see them also.