I'll be in Miami for a full day this January, sandwiched between 2 nights at a downtown Miami hotel. I'll be there without a car. This will be my second time in Miami; my first visit I enjoyed myself staying downtown and taking to bus to South Beach, where I walked around a bit. This will be my first time in Miami in almost 10 years (although I was in Fort Lauderdale more recently). I remember there being a fun energy with people dancing in Bayside Marketplace Downtown in the evening last time I was there.
If you could only pick one, which of the two neighbourhoods in the title (both equally pique my curiosity), Coconut Grove or Little Havana, would you pick to spend a late morning, afternoon or early evening? Pedestrian-friendly is important but other than that I'm open to whatever reason you prefer the neighbourhood: uniqueness? fun energy? interesting architecture? some cute coffee or ice cream places? a particularly stellar restaurant or museum? great park? water views? I might be able to see both, but in case I only have the strength to do one, I'm curious where you'd choose.
I didn't mention it but if you'd pick Coral Gables (that I've never been to either) over these two neighbourhoods , let me know.
Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 day California Trip in July
- 2 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 3 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 4 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 5 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 6 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 7 A Few days in Museums
- 8 Mammoth Lakes in summer
- 9 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 10 Yellowstone, Cheyenne (rodeo), Mt Rushmore- Can we do it??
- 11 Newport Beach restaurants
- 12 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 13 I need help
- 14 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 15 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 16 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 17 4 days in Miami
- 18 travelling from Miami to New York
- 19 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 20 Travel Shenanigans
- 21 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 22 Alaska July 3 - July 16 Itinerary help
- 23 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 24 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 25 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season