I'll be in Miami for a full day this January, sandwiched between 2 nights at a downtown Miami hotel. I'll be there without a car. This will be my second time in Miami; my first visit I enjoyed myself staying downtown and taking to bus to South Beach, where I walked around a bit. This will be my first time in Miami in almost 10 years (although I was in Fort Lauderdale more recently). I remember there being a fun energy with people dancing in Bayside Marketplace Downtown in the evening last time I was there.
If you could only pick one, which of the two neighbourhoods in the title (both equally pique my curiosity), Coconut Grove or Little Havana, would you pick to spend a late morning, afternoon or early evening? Pedestrian-friendly is important but other than that I'm open to whatever reason you prefer the neighbourhood: uniqueness? fun energy? interesting architecture? some cute coffee or ice cream places? a particularly stellar restaurant or museum? great park? water views? I might be able to see both, but in case I only have the strength to do one, I'm curious where you'd choose.
I didn't mention it but if you'd pick Coral Gables (that I've never been to either) over these two neighbourhoods , let me know.
Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 day California Trip in July
- 2 I need help
- 3 Alaska July 3 - July 16 Itinerary help
- 4 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 5 Newport Beach restaurants
- 6 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 7 4 days in Miami
- 8 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 9 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 10 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 11 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season
- 12 A Few days in Museums
- 13 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 14 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 15 travelling from Miami to New York
- 16 Las Vegas TR
- 17 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 18 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 19 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 20 First time in the United States
- 21 3 days San Francisco
- 22 Vacations in New Orleans
- 23 Hawaii instead of Oaxaca, but where?
- 24 Must-See Louis Vuitton Exhibit Downtown
- 25 Base Lodging in New Hampshire and Vermont