Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Message from France: Our 40th anniversary in NOLA in November: where to go after? Georgia? Tenessee? Texas?

Search

Message from France: Our 40th anniversary in NOLA in November: where to go after? Georgia? Tenessee? Texas?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 12:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We celebrate our wedding anniversary in NOLA in next November (one week). We have 3 weeks more: where to go for romance???
Alain (Paris, France)
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 03:52 AM

Hi Alain, try Charleton,SC, Savannah GA, Key West, Fl those are some of my favorites anyhow. Congratulations! Judy
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 04:14 AM
Brutforce

You may want to make the drive up to Natchez (MS). But based on the time of year you will be traveling, I think I would fly to Miami & meander out the Keys.

Old Feb 25th, 2003, 05:08 AM

To get a good feel for the more nature side of America try the blue ridge or Smoky Mountains, I only stayed one night while driving from FL to NY, but they are absolutely beautiful. And there are always advertisements for honeymoon cabins in travel magazines, so they must cater to romance!

PS - NO is wonderful! Went for 3 days last year, be sure to ride each of the trolley lines just for the joy and beauty of them. Congrats and enjoy!
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 12:29 PM

Have you considered taking a cruise out of NO? More cruise lines are offering it as a port. Might be fun to get somewhere tropical!
Old Feb 25th, 2003, 05:35 PM

Agree with spots recommended by Judyrem..Savannah,Charleston,Key West and would also suggest you look at Cumberland Island,Georgia.