Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Best celeb spotting lunch spot in Los Angeles?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29th, 2012, 04:11 PM
JES
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the very latest hot spot - for lunch? Guilty pleasure!
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 06:37 PM

It is all hit or miss. You can go to these spots every day for a week and see no one. The the two days after, when you are not there, 5 stars roll in.

In the past 3 yrs. I have seen 4 hollywood personalities at Coast restaurant, at Shutters on the Beach hotel in Santa Monica. Pierce Brosnan, who was at the next table at lunch, etc.

But you can chase all over LA and never see anyone. It just happens when it happens.
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 06:55 PM

I agree. We haven't even been lucky enough to see stars at Shutters. Everyone always talks about Ivy being the place for entertainment business types to lunch.
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 07:02 PM

But I will add that when we did the SONY studios tour last fall we saw several personalities, including Alex Trebek and Will Smith, walking around the SONY lot while we were on the tour.
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 07:11 PM

Over the years we have seen quite a few celebrities at the Fairfax Farmers' Market, but again not every time we go. It's rt next to the studios and I suppose come there for lunch occasionally.
Old Feb 29th, 2012, 09:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
As others have mentioned, it's very hit or miss. And often you don't recognize them unless there's a swarm of paparazzi.

Pretty reliable: Starbuck's at Cross Creek in Malibu on Saturday mornings

Old standbys: The Ivy on Robertson, Spago on North Canon in Beverly Hills, the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel

Recent sightings: e. baldi on North Canon in Beverly Hills, and Bouchon also on North Canon

The Bel Air Hotel (recently opened after complete renovation) is always a possibility.
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 02:14 AM
JES
Original Poster

I totally agree with & understand the hit or miss but thanks for these suggestions to help up the possibility. The Sony Tour sounds like a fun idea!
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 04:55 AM

Hey - walk around Rodeo Drive for a chance at celeb spotting. Last time I drove through there - somebody was doing a big shoot in one of the stores - and a few people were hovering around the entrance.

And what is the smoothie place along Sunset? Pink something - where a few of them zip in to grab a beverage.
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 05:00 AM

Here it is - Pinkberry - and there is also an article on where Hollywood Celebs hang out - but it's not the latest: http://www.yelp.com/biz/pinkberry-hollywood

http://www.budgettravel.com/feature/...elebs_la,4764/
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 05:02 AM

The SONY Studio tour is a lot of fun. When we were there we got to see the new Jeopardy set. We also got to see a set where Adam Sandler was shooting, and his "office" trailer at SONY. Good exhibits in the bldg where the tour starts, and lots of walking after that. Plan a whole afternon there. Good enthusiastic young guide too. Well worth the fee, although I can't recall how much it is.
Old Mar 5th, 2012, 02:29 PM

The Grove right next to the Farmers Market sometimes has stars shopping or eating You might also catch Mario Lopez filming for Extra and see someone at that:
http://www.thegrovela.com/los_angele...section=events