Maui's best luau?

Dec 17th, 2001, 06:10 PM
Joy

Maui's best luau?

Hi, is The Old Lahaina Luau,THE best on Maui? Is there another that is close to it in value and content? We have been to one luau in Maui, and were very disappointed.First, the serving plates were small-my husband didn't seem concerned after his initial trip to the buffet table, because he was sure that he could return - well, that was not possible, because everything was cleared away after everyone had gone through once - very rapidly! Drinks were watered-down.Both of these points are important only because of the charge of the luau seems very high considering .I have read about Old Lahaina and would like to hear more. Thanks very much.

Dec 18th, 2001, 06:02 AM
ASR

We attended the Old Lahaina Luau in Sept. We really enjoyed it. The service was very good and the entertainment was great! I didn't get seconds, but I think that my husband did. There was plenty of food!! I recommend it, but book before you go. We almost get in and we booked the week before we left.

Dec 18th, 2001, 11:02 AM
TDL

The Old Lahaina Luau is very good. You get handed a mai tai and lei upon entering, great location to watch the sunset, and if you go away hungry from all the great food they serve it's your own fault.

They also have a nice demonstration of how they cook the pig in the ground. Ok, I can't remember all the Hawaiian terms for that, but you know what I mean.

Search this Thread