Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Maui Zip Line (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/maui-zip-line-911585/)

TravelGram Nov 8th, 2011 08:24 AM

Maui Zip Line

We (young Mid 50's women) are going to Maui in February and would like to do a Zip Line. The guys are going too, but they're wienies and won't go on the zipline. Any recommendations? The prices are high so we want to make sure we get the most for our money. We're staying on the west side, but would drive if needed. We've done the bike down Haleakala and horseback riding and want to add ziplining to the list.

GoZipHI Nov 9th, 2011 01:36 PM

Aloha! Check out Kapalua Adventures...you can check out the comments from our Facebook fans, Tripadvisor comments, etc. www.gozipmaui.com.

Yes, I work for them but I think you will see from others that we have a great tour and the views are awesome from the west Maui Mountains.

We get all ages, all types and everyone loves it! Def. Zipline on your trip to Maui...you will not regret it. (JUST ZIP, even if you go out with another company!)
Aloha!

spirobulldog Nov 9th, 2011 02:03 PM

I haven't done it in Hawaii. But, It is GREAT!! Do it, you'll love it. The guys should do it too.

willowjane Nov 9th, 2011 02:50 PM

What about any on Kauai or the Big Island?

hauoli Nov 9th, 2011 08:45 PM

We went in march and was told that skyline eco adventures was the best one to go on .... we had a blast... absolutely beautiful worth the price! another lady that was in our group said she went on a couple on the island and others in different countries and enjoyed that one the best...... hope you guys have a blast!

mouseRD Nov 10th, 2011 11:25 AM

We did the Skyline eco adventures Haleakala tour & really enjoyed ourselves. They also have a Ka'anapali one which will be closer to you, but we haven't been on that so cannot comment.

Sue878 Nov 18th, 2011 02:05 PM

We just did the zipline on Kauai last week. They picked us up in Poi'Pu. I loved it; which surprised my better half.

TravelGram Apr 11th, 2012 08:37 AM

I thought I'd do an update to the zipline adventure in Maui. I didn't do a trip report but thought this part of our trip was worth mentioning.

We waited until we got to Maui to make the reservations and went with the local's recommendation. We opted to go with Piihilo Ranch in Makawao and am really glad we did. Depending on the time of year you will want to reserve ahead of time. We (2 young 50ish women) went with the 5 line. It's a bit expensive but well worth it. The first line was a good one to get the hang of things and the last line is 2600'! I hung my large Nikon camera around my neck and my friend was able to tie her smaller Canon around the harness. One thing I would like to recommend. I wear glasses and I would highly recommend you get a strap to put on to make sure they don't go flying off your head. I didn't have them and was more than concerned my glasses might end up at the bottom of the valley. Luckily they didn't, but I would buy a strap for the future.
One thing we did do that was commented on by everyone we saw. We were the ones that took the pinwheels with us so we could go WEEEEEEEE!!!! all the way down. They made it through all 5 lines with plenty of pictures for proof. It was a hoot.