I am looking for some advice on places to stay in Maui. We will be heading there in a couple of weeks and I'm finding the number of choices are overwhelming. Hope some can offer good advice based on our preferences.
I know we'll have to work with what's available given our timing.
We are planning on visiting Hana and Haleakala. We really don't have any other things on our agenda other than relaxing. We aren't into the touristy things or big resorts. We prefer smaller B&Bs, a local feel, good restaurants with a local feel. Beachfront nice but not req'd.
I've done some research and think Paia might be good for the local feel and Kihei might be a good place to relax. Any other suggestions? We're trying to keep it under $200 a night.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chasing Sargent in Nashville
- 2 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 3 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 4 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 5 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 6 B&B in Bar Harbor or Southwest Harbor?
- 7 Christmas getaway
- 8 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 9 NY theater district restaurant
- 10 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 11 Upper Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Par
- 12 Family winter holiday
- 13 Sjc Car Rental
- 14 Trip to Cali
- 15 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 16 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 17 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 18 4 days in San Diego
- 19 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 20 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 21 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 22 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 23 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 24 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 25 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)