Reload this Page >

Maui Sheraton, Westin or Hyatt Rooms

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 06:39 AM
Al

Has anyone stayed recently in Garden View rooms at these resorts ... Please provide recommendations. From what I've read the Sheraton and Westin are getting mixed reviews ... Is the Hyatt a class above?

Old Mar 23rd, 2002, 08:45 AM
shari

Just returned from Maui last Thursday where we stayed at the Westin for a week. We loved the room and the"heavenly beds" were just that. We looked into a room at the Sheraton and they seemed to be about the same size but not as nice. We walked to the Hyatt for dinner and the property is very nice but the beach was terrible. So.. I guess my vote would be for the Westin

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 12:45 PM
topper

ttt

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 01:13 PM
HarryR

We stayed at the Sheraton and the Westin on our January trip and would have to agree with Shari. My first pick would be the Westin with the Sheraton next. Due to location and beach the Hyatt would be my last choice. Westin and Sheraton both had great pools as well. The garden views at either hotel are actually pretty nice though we did go for the oceanview room. Enjoy.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Beth

Two years ago we stayed at the Westin Maui. We had pool view rooms. The bed was comfortable, but the room needed renovation. I didn't mind because the pool,and beach were great, and we were taking a family vacation. I would stay there again because I think it is cheaper than the Hyatt and has a better beach location. The Sheraton has the best beach location, but I'm 36 years old and I stayed there when I was a six years old. The Sheraton is the oldest resort in that area. I've stayed at the Hyatt in Kauai and I think that is even better than Maui. When staying at the Westin, we drove to the Waliea area and ate at the Kea Lani. We walked from the Grand Waliea to the Kea Lani, and the Kea Lani gave us a complimentary limo ride back to the Grand Waliea. We were very impressed!!! Based on my stay in Kauai, I would say the Hyatt has the best rooms, then the Westin , then the Sheraton. The Hyatt gives you a free breakfast. The beach isn't as good. It is very narrow is spots, but the pool area is real nice. Sheraton is plain but not shabby. It is located on the Black Rock and is the very best beach location. Yes, the Hyatt hotel is a class above, but the beach is a class below.