Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Maui - Sheraton (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/maui-sheraton-42602/)

Janine Apr 20th, 1999 05:48 AM

Maui - Sheraton

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton in Maui? It will be our 1st time vacationing there. We are celebrating our 1ST Wedding anniversary. <BR>Any feedback would be appreciated.

Chuck Apr 20th, 1999 05:55 AM

Hi Janine, we have stayed on Kaanapil Beach several times over the last few years. We usually stay at the hyatt and the Sheraton is at the opposite end but we have walked throught the grounds. I believe the hotel just completed a major renovation and is beautiful. the grounds at all of these 4 star resorts are terrific and the activities at the hotels are numerous. I'm sure you won't go wrong staying there. The best thing about the area is its proximity to Lahaina and Kapalua two area that offer a ton of stuf to do both for daytime and night time activities. BTW congrats on your anniversary. We honeymooned in Maui 7 years ago, fell in love with the place, and have returned every year since.

Chuck Apr 20th, 1999 05:55 AM

Hi Janine, we have stayed on Kaanapil Beach several times over the last few years. We usually stay at the hyatt and the Sheraton is at the opposite end but we have walked throught the grounds. I believe the hotel just completed a major renovation and is beautiful. the grounds at all of these 4 star resorts are terrific and the activities at the hotels are numerous. I'm sure you won't go wrong staying there. The best thing about the area is its proximity to Lahaina and Kapalua two area that offer a ton of stuf to do both for daytime and night time activities. BTW congrats on your anniversary. We honeymooned in Maui 7 years ago, fell in love with the place, and have returned every year since.

Shawn Apr 23rd, 1999 05:07 PM

Hello Janine, <BR>We stayed at the Sheraton Maui for our honeymoon last August. It is an amazing and beautiful resort. We stayed in of the buildings on the cliffs overlooking black rock and the beautiful and I mean beautiful ocean. The sunset was amazing and you can see the island Molokai and Lanai from the balcony (lani). Staying on the cliffs is a bit more pricey, but well worth it. I can not stress how great this place was for us and how beautiful the entire resort is. The beach is wonderful and the conciere will set up any activities you want to do. The service was great. Can you tell I liked this place? I definitely recommend the Sheraton. Stay in one of the rooms on the bluff if you can, if not, get an ocean view room. Check out some brochures, Pleasant Hawaiin, Classic Hawaii Holidays, etc. Also, you can call the Sheraton Maui directly and they will send you information. Have a great time and congratulations.

jenny Apr 26th, 1999 07:23 AM

Janine - <BR> <BR>Stayed there this past September and loved it. I know everyone raves about the Hyatt, but the Sheraton has a better <BR>beach, is less crowded, and according to <BR>my brother and his wife who stayed at the Hyatt,has bigger rooms. Plus using the Sheraton Web Site, we got a great deal on an ocean view room. The staff was very attentive and the grounds are beautiful. I will stay there again on my next trip to Maui! Have a great time! Email me directly if you have any questions. <BR> <BR>Jenny <BR>

julianne Apr 26th, 1999 09:34 PM

We have stayed at the Sheraton twice now, and absolutley love the place. It has the nicest beach area, and the snorkelling near black rock is well worth the stay. The Luau is a lot of fun too. If you find the breakfast a bit pricey, next door at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel, there is a good reasonably priced buffet for breakfast. Also at Whalers Village up the beach a little, there is a great Mexican place !! You will love it there, have a great time.

tammy Apr 28th, 1999 07:22 AM

<BR>We stayed at the Sheraton Maui this past July and really loved the place. The rooms were beautifully furnished and the resort was beautiful. I have read some complaints on this forum about the layout of the resort, but I don't really know what they are referring to as we did not notice a problem with this. The Sheraton seemed less crowded and a lot quieter than the Hyatt. The landscaping is not as tropically lush as the Hyatt, but the beach in front of the Sheraton is fabulous. There is good snorkeling right off the beach there at Black Rock. They have a very nice pool area and they have complimentary scuba lessons in the pool. There is a beautiful view of the West Maui mountains from the hotel as well. We really loved the place. We stayed at the Hyatt the previous trip to Maui and really loved that resort as well, but since we were only staying five nights we could not get as good a rate at the Hyatt because you got the 6th night free or something and we were not staying 6 nights. If you join the SCI Sheraton international club (free) you can get a 35% discount off your room. They have lots of specials or you can also check the Starwood web site for some deals. As you can see we really liked the place and we are very picky! Hope this helps! Aloha, Tammy