MAUI: Has anyone been to the Maui Lu Resort?

Old Jul 22nd, 1998, 10:17 PM
CB

MAUI: Has anyone been to the Maui Lu Resort?

On a budget and going to Maui early September. Has anyone been to the Aston Maui Lu Resort? We booked a package including this hotel. We have a few days to change our minds (before paying the deposit.)

Any other suggestions for a young couple on Maui.

Old Jul 23rd, 1998, 04:45 AM
dan

My wife and I stayed at a place called the Maui Lu on our honeymoon 12 years ago. It may be different now - maybe bought by Aston? It was on the same side of the island as Lahaina, but around the bend (farther north). I remember that our room was very nice, with a high vaulted ceiling. There was a very small beach (very small), but a large lawn area. We got them to move us to an ocean-side room when we got there because a large part of the property was across the road from the beach. You may want to check on this. It was a fairly short drive to go to Lahaina or to take a boat to Molikini Island for snorkeling. There were a few good restuarants right up the street. Hope this helps.

Old Nov 22nd, 2001, 07:08 AM
Dave

I stayed at the Maui Lu two years ago. At first I was disapointed because it was a old property, but it has a interesting history. It is rustic though. The Aston chain now ownes it. If you want polished marble go somewhere else. I spend very little time at my lodgings so I had no problem with it. It is more for the on the go types. I liked it because it is centrally located so you can easily drive anywhere from that location. I never take the bus but that may be a option. Kehie has a lot of attractions and is close by.

Old Nov 22nd, 2001, 12:23 PM
Bill

Check out www.mauihawaiicondo.com.

Old Nov 22nd, 2001, 05:36 PM
John

Good thing it's not in England.
It would then be the Maui "Loo",
and that would be devastating from a P.R. standpoint.