Maui-Haleakala Sunrise Tour

Jun 7th, 2000, 02:28 PM
Dinah

Maui-Haleakala Sunrise Tour

We will be in Maui for three days and were wanting to go on a sunrise tour of Haleakala. We are looking for tour company suggestions or discounts. Anyone been recently? Thanks,

Jun 7th, 2000, 06:02 PM
Steve Muniak

Not worth it if you are only spending a few days.

Sleep in, get a decent breakfast, hit the pool/beach then after lunch head up and miss the crowds and the cold.

Just did exactly that [I have been for sunrise inthe past] and it was a much better expereince.

BTW the house at the 5000 foot mark it going for $550,000 we stopped dead in our tracks on the way up and called the agent on my cell. Been on the market for a while, and litteraly has a million dollar view.

Have a good time, and don't be ashamed to say Howdy and Thanks Pardner if you are from the states when you get onto the Island. Every one wants to you say say Aloha and hang loose...

Steve

Jun 14th, 2000, 02:47 PM
mary

I have been to Maui twice in the last five years. It's great. I think that the trip to Haleakala for the sunrise is stupendous. My husband and I took the bike ride trip. Take anyone of the sun rise bike trip tours. You usually get picked up at your hotel at about 4:00 a.m., a van takes you up to the summit, you wait for the sun rise, while having breakfast,supplied by the bike company and after the sun rise you bike down Haleakala. What a feeling and an adventure that you will always remember. You don't know when you will get back to Maui. I think it is definately worth it. You can always spend time on a beach! Aloha

Jun 14th, 2000, 03:12 PM
Lani

Dinah,

I would drive myself up for the sunrise! Just call the concierge when you get up at 3:30 a.m. to make sure the weather is good for the sunrise. Then take your hotel blanket, and get ready for an awesome sight. Then on the way down, stop at Kula Lodge and have Eggs Benedict, then come back to the resort, snooze for a couple of hours - it's well worth it!

Search this Thread