Maui for Teens

Aug 24th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Maui for Teens

Any tips - nightime entertainment, etc for a 15 and 16 boy and girl. Traveling next week. Haven't been since they were toddlers, so it will be a whole new adventure.
Also, snorkel trip to Molokini? Best option to get there....we have our own snorkel equip. Is it any better than beach snorkeling?
thanks!
Aug 24th, 2004, 09:33 AM

the Fair Winds trip we took to Molokini in December was packed with teens who had a blast: a lot of them signed up for the snuba and the rest were happy to just go down the waterslide again and again. they didn't seem to care that it wasn't the world's best snorkel spot in terms of numbers/varieties of fish (although older cranky types like myself sure did!). i took my own snorkel stuff so that i could try it from the beaches, but waves shot the visibility at Ulua all to heck and i saw swirling sand and that was it. i've heard a lot that's positive about snorkeling at Ulua on this board when the water is calm however....i would happily go back there and try again!
Aug 24th, 2004, 09:39 AM

Black rock in the early evening ( just at dark) is a blast they light the torches and dive off cliff and the beach cafes are all alive with music all along the boardwalk. Also dinner in Lahinia can be fun, lots of night time things to see and do.
As far as Molokini, it is a funtrip and you did not say when you are going. But if during the whale season you will probally see some whales during the trip. Also is the trip better well yes and no. Yes you might see whales dolphins , but probally will see same fish at other snorkel spots , so is it better for me naw , the same but different. Bset option , make sure restroom is on board, pick best ship for the price and look for discounts.
We had a gret time on the dinner sail , cant remember the name , but make sure its one of the catamarans.
have a great time, sail
Aug 24th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

Where is Black Rock in relation to Lahaina, where we are staying?
Does the Hard Rock cafe have live music at night?

Search this Thread