maui for students

Nov 3rd, 2006, 08:52 AM
Original Poster
maui for students

Hello! My daughter and 5 other university students are considering Maui for reading week Feb 2007. Does anyone have any input as to whether this is a good choice? I'm not sure if anyone is 25 years old, so renting a car might not be an option. Perhaps Waikiki is a better idea. Any info would be appreciated
Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:26 AM
Some car rental agencies will allow you to rent a car if you're under 25, for a fee. If you have a rental car available, I would definatly to Maui. It's a lovely island. Oahu is ok, but Waikiki and Honolulu are like any other big city. The North Shore is beautiful, though.
Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:50 AM
I am sure I am in the minority with my opinion, but if I were 25 and single, the last place I would want to vacation is amongst honeymooners. All I remember when I went to Hawaii when I was 26 was that it was all couples. There was little to no 'singles' entertainment to be had, especially on Maui. We faired slightly better in Honolulu. Any place in Mexico would be more fun, as would Puerto Rico.
Nov 4th, 2006, 09:58 AM
bugswife, you just didn't go to the right places! Maui has a huge singles scene, especially in Lahaina (see the upcoming MTV show, Living Lahaina!) and in Kihei. Besides the young people who live here, throngs of young people come here every year to surf, wait tables, and party. There are car rentals available through local companies to those over 21, under 25.

What is reading week?

Search this Thread