We are planning a trip to Maui from 8/30-9/7. We're horrible at planning and have yet to buy tickets. I'm naively hoping the travel gods will smile upon us. On our honeymoon we went to the big Island and stayed at the hapuna Prince on the Kohala coast. As it was beautiful and serene it was too quiet. We ended up spending most of the time in the car towards Kona and the resort became a glorified resting spot.
My question is where can I have my cake and eat it too? We want the beauty of Maui's natural surroundings, the fun of a great bar and the food that will make you forget about calories. We're told to stay on the west side but I fear the person giving advice can financially afford it. Would you recommend Wailea or Kaanapali?
To complicate matters I found interesting reviews about Paia. They say it's a must visit and it's close to the start of the road to Hana.
Would it be feasible to go to all 3? or would you reccommend 1 or 2 over the others?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 EPSON PRINTER 18OO: 68I :72O8 installations CONTACT EPSON Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Chasing Sargent in Nashville
- 3 Santa Barbara Hotel
- 4 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 5 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 6 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 7 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 8 B&B in Bar Harbor or Southwest Harbor?
- 9 Christmas getaway
- 10 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 11 NY theater district restaurant
- 12 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 13 Upper Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Par
- 14 Family winter holiday
- 15 Sjc Car Rental
- 16 Trip to Cali
- 17 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 18 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 19 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 20 4 days in San Diego
- 21 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 22 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 23 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 24 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 25 Not a Typical Trip Report