Marriott Hotel Reviews & Distance from WDW

Sep 13th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

Marriott Hotel Reviews & Distance from WDW

My husband and I and our 2 yr old son are going to WDW next month (Oct 5). We have to stay at the Marriott Renaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld (6677 Sea Harbor Drive Orlando , FL) due to my husband's job (business trip extended to a personal vacation).

Is this a nice hotel? How far is it from WDW? Will it be a pain to go back and forth driving to the parks with a toddler? Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks!
Sep 13th, 2006, 09:53 AM

I stayed there a few years ago, also for business, and thought it was nice. The room was on the concierge level and the food & beverage offerings practically negated the need to eat out--but of course we still mangaged to force ourselves!

Due to time constraints, we only made it to MGM studios, but it wasn't too far. We also didn't have any kids with us. I also recall that there was a shuttle that stopped right outside the hotel that went to various locations, including the outlet mall.
Sep 13th, 2006, 10:35 AM

Please be aware:
The Resnaissance Orlando Resort at SeaWorld is going through room remodeling from Sept 31-Dec.31. You can read more about this by pulling up this location on Marriott.com
They said the work will be done from 9am-5pm and there will be noise.
If you are looking for other Marriotts, they are numerous in the Orlando area, and you can find them at the same website.
Sep 22nd, 2006, 05:00 AM

It's not a bad drive out to WDW, depending on which Park you are going to. If you don't mind buses, the Lynx bus system has a stop right on the corner at the Renaissance--#50, which will take you to the parking lot at Magic Kingdom/Fantasy Land. You can then catch the monorail to Epcot, as well as the 'M.K.' entrance. There are also shuttle services available, but be careful of fares and how long it will take you to your destination!
Sep 22nd, 2006, 05:15 AM

If you download Google Earth you can see your location, how far you are from WDW and what's around you.