Marriott - Courtyard Kauai at Waipouli Beach

Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 06:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marriott - Courtyard Kauai at Waipouli Beach

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Sounds like Marriott acquired it in 2005. Just wondering if anyone has had good/bad experience here?
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 05:56 AM

Just in case you have not seen these.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ai_Hawaii.html

-Bill
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, iamq. I read the reviews given on the link you posted. Good information. I have definitely learned that no matter which place you pick, there will be good and bad experiences. We are getting such a great deal on the room that I think we will stick with our decision.
Thanks again!
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:03 AM

My wife and I stayed here in April 2005. We had no problems or issues, the only major comment I have is that this place is more tuned to business travelers, not "tourists", so it does not have a "resort" feel to it. Clean and newly redecorated, yes, with a handy, central location, and the breakfast buffet was about the best food deal on the island ($10.00 each for the full hot buffet)!
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

I noticed that most of the people complained about the fees for parking at this hotel. You'd think they would do something about it!
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 09:25 PM

Am laying in bed there (here) now. It's a great place, got a great rate and you can't beat it for an on the beach hotel. Everything is relative to your other/past experiences but I'd say valuewise this is an excellent choice. Rooms are comfortable, not big, food is good, not great, beach is wonderful but not the end all beach.

We had Hawaiian pizza out by the beach from the grill and a lava flow, excellent ambience, tiki torches and waves rolling in. I doubt you'll be dissappointed. I'm a Marriott Rewards card holder and frequent Marriotts around the country, this is easily the best courtyard I've ever stayed at, and likely the best one in the chain.

Enjoy~Aloha
TTyme
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 09:06 AM
iceeu2

We stayed there for 2 nights in May, 2005. Construction was still going on at the time. I would definitely stay again. Great location to Coconut Marketplace and some super restaurants. HukiLau Lanai restaurant is in the next resort over.