Marco Island weather

Search

Marco Island weather

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2003, 10:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marco Island weather

How likely are we to have warm "beach weather" the last week in December? Our teenage girls want to spend their time sunning and swimming. Thanks!
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 11:58 AM

How likely? Very difficult to say. It could be in the 80's and beautiful and sunny. It could be in the 40's and cloudy. I'd say it is MOST likely to be somewhere between the two, but could be anything. There is simply no way to predict it. Looking at the records from the past 10 years or more, I'm pretty sure you'll find both extremes I've mentioned and mostly somewhere between the two.
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 04:36 PM
dln

If you are from Maine or Michigan, you probably could swim, but otherwise the water will be on the brisk side. As Patrick said, the weather is variable. We were down that way last Christmas, and one day we needed sweatshirts, another we didn't. We found the beach to be windy one day and calm the next. Have your girls bring their swimsuits and hope for balmy sunshine!

Old Nov 30th, 2003, 06:12 PM

I live in Ft. Lauderdale and have been here all my 48 years. The weather this time of year is very unpredictable. Yesterday was fairly cool, today was overcast and not a good beach day. Three days ago, I could have gone swimming in the ocean. Does that tell you anything about our weather?? You just never know. Bring your swim suits, but bring clothes you can layer in case it turns cool. Sorry we can't be of more help.

I'm sure that no matter what the weather, you'll have a great visit.
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 06:16 PM

Last year's Christmas Eve was very nice along the beach. And yes, this Michigander even got in the chilly Gulf waters. Christmas Day however, was totally different. While it was sunny out, the wind was very cold and blowing strong. You couldn't even sit on the beach and enjoy it!

Like you, slsh986, I'm hoping for some nice weather this holiday season.
Old Dec 1st, 2003, 05:12 AM

Hi....from the Northeast. The reason I say that is we go somewhere on the gulf every Christmas....Marco in '01, Siesta Key last year and each year have had days we could sun and swim AND days that were cool. And to us, warm in FL is temperatures above 60; although as one other poster stated, we've seen it as warm as the 80's and in the 50's, too.

The last few years, we are almost out daily on the beach to walk or run. Now, whether or not you will want to swim in a heated pool vs. the gulf is a different question, but all years we have been able to enjoy at least some days sunning on an outdoor deck, walking/shelling on the beach, walking in the water, and swimming in the pool.

The other thing I recall as a "teenage" girl was, it usually didn't matter much about the temps--the water and beach was inviting anytime!! Of course now, well.......
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 05:46 AM

Seems likely to be a cold spell this weekend in the Fort Myers area (e.g., low to mid 60's). Even with a heated pool, is this too cold for an infant to be in the pool / out on the beach? I figure getting wet in that type of weather is not pleasant for a baby. Thoughts?
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 06:54 AM

Duhh... Yeah... I've got thoughts....

Why don't you go soak your head in one of those chilly pools this weekend, mxylplik2. It might wake you up outta' your snooze.

Teenagers are not infants; this is not the last week in December. Read the post.

Too much wine this morning???
Old Dec 3rd, 2003, 10:41 AM

Well, happy waiter, I have some thoughts too. Why are you being so rude? I don't think the post you're referring to has anything to do with the original question. Sometimes people add other questions to current threads and I think this is what was happening here. Speaking of wine, maybe you're the one who imbibed too much if you thought she was referring to the original question. It was pretty clear to me she wasn't.
Old Dec 4th, 2003, 04:21 AM

Patrick - exactly - my question was not referring to the original question. Its a NEW question about whether using a heated pool in mid 60's type weather would work with an infant and the fact that they will be wet when outside of the pool. The answer to this may impact whether I postpone my trip or not because of the unusually cold weather over the week in SouthWest Florida.