Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

marco island hilton- AWFUL!-try the radisson instead

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 04:51 PM
r stryker

This is a copy of a letter sent to the hilton hotel chain:

My family stayed at your marco island facility last week and were extremely disappointed.
It seemed simple enough- 4 nights, one room, crib, regrigerator, and 2 days of the children's activities.
I called several times prior to the trip to confirm the crib and refrigerator- I even spoke to the exercise facility manager directly about the children's activities- we were interested in friday and saturday mornings .
By the end of the trip, we had been disappointed by:

- the crib was not in the room, but the desk said they would send one.
- an hour later, I called again, and was told it would come up then because she had forgotten.
- the refrigerator was not working and another had to be sent.
-after our first day and dinner, the room had not been made: housekeeping took an hour and a half to get tot hte room ( at 8pm, no less)
- your well-advertised childrens programs turned out to be a one-hour program available tues through thursday-- on Friday, when I found out the childrens program was not available, the very same manager, Shelly, told me I was there the wrong week- the programs were available 7 days the week prior.

I would never have stayed at your hotel if I was aware that the programs would not be available. I would also have not stayed at your hotel if I had known poorly you train your managers.

I expect a response and corrective plan to be conveyed to me within the week.

Thank You,

R Stryker

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 05:46 PM
xxxxx

yea that sounds like Marco Island.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 04:07 PM
Cami

R Stryker,
I work in the hospitality business so I'm curious as to what you think the Hilton should do for you? I don't mean this in a smart alec way so I hope you reply.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Patrick

I'm not r stryker, but I'll reply. If this happened to me and I sent off a letter as he (or she) did, I'd expect any or all of the following:
1) a letter of apology from someone in management, including an explanation of why these things happened and how they hope to remedy them in the future.
2) an offer for a free night or more if I return to the hotel.
3) an automatic award of significant points in the Hilton Honors program (assuming the guest is a member -- and if so, should be stating so in the letter).
4) (but this one is really wishful thinking), a credit off the final bill.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 03:48 AM
CariocaRio

r stryker, I don't know what you expect from this hotel, if I was the manager I would tell you not to come back anymore. You got the crib, so it was a little late. The refer was broken, that happens you know and they replaced it, what more do you want? As far as the kids activities being last week, why didn't you know this? didn't you do your research? It sounds like you are trying to get something for nothing by complaining about normal things that happen and your incompentency.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Gina

Kimberly-Yes stuff happens, but in this case a lot of stuff happened and the hotel staff DID NOT fix the problem!! That particular Hilton has a problem with their staff and training and corporate needs to correct the problem. I agree with Patrick.

Stryker-If you don't get an answer, send the letter to the CEO of Hilton, Marco Chamber of Commerce, bbb, visitors and convention bureau etc. Hotels need to held accountable for their poor customer service.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 06:04 AM
mh

post this on www.planetfeedback.com,. the Hilton has gone down in quality in the last 10 years and now rate in the same catagory as the HOliday Inn..check this site out...