Mammoth Cave National Park Kentucky Tips wanted

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to take me, wife and 2 daughters 19 and 16 to Mammoth Cave National Park in Kentucky. Mid August. I might try the Hotel or camping depending on what I get here for feedback. If very hot out the air conditioning if there is any may be what decides it. Any want to offer tips or lessons learned from those who have been there?
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 03:02 PM

I live in KY and so have never stayed overnight at MCNP, but there have been questions about it in the past. Try putting Mammoth Cave in the search block and see if you don't get some good info.
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 07:17 PM

My only advice is to get tickets in advance for the tours you want. They WILL sell out. Do not wait until the day you arrive. You can buy them on their website. I have only made day trips. There is an on-site hotel (nothing fancy) that looked adequate. I am not sure if it is air conditioned. I would not stay in KY in August without air conditioning.
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 09:34 AM

Hubby and I have stayed at the Wigwam Village Motel in Cave City, but I've heard the place has recently gone downhill. Any recent reviews?
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 12:01 PM

If staying in nearby Bowling Green is an option there is a nice Holiday Inn with indoor pool and a cooked to order breakfast buffet. I also live in KY and this is where we usually stay since it puts us closer to food, evening movies for the kids and a/c. The park has OK accommodations - we stayed in the lodge once and it was OK. Right on about getting advance tickets. August is still busy since many area schools aren't back in session yet.