Maison Dupuy on Rue Toulouse, New Orleans?

Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 02:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maison Dupuy on Rue Toulouse, New Orleans?

Anyone recently stay there? We read that it's on the fringe of the French Quarter, and may be in a "marginal" area. Any comments are appreciated. We won't have a car and certainly might be returning home on foot in the evening.
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 05:01 AM

I haven't stayed there in many years, but the location is okay. It's about a block from Rampart, which I'd definitely steer clear of, but if you use common sense and avoid dark alleys moving toward the center of the French Quarter, you'll be fine.

As I recall - again this was long ago - the main problem with the hotel was that there's a very loud club on an adjacent corner and the noise really bothered us.
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 05:06 AM

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Louisiana.html
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 05:42 AM

We stayed at the hotel Le Richelieu on Chartes Street last summer - it was a nice place - off to the edge of the French Quarter but easy to walk anywhere we wanted to be. Parking was free ( a plus!) and in a guarded fenced lot next to the hotel. There is a nice small courtyard pool - and it is near the Snug Harbor Jazz club.
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 10:53 AM

We stayed at the Maison Dupuy last March and didn't have any problems at all. We never walked towards Rampart- really we never knew it was there until the last day when we wanted to walk to the cemetary.

I don't remember there being "a very loud club on the adjacent corner"... however, it is only a block from Bourbon Street, so there very well may be... then again, if you're staying in the French Quarter and you're staying near Bourbon Street, don't you expect a little street noise?

The courtyard at the Maison Dupuy is beautiful. Overall , we liked the hotel and would stay there again.