Reload this Page >

Maine... visiting Camden, Kennebunkport and Bar Harbor in August

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2001, 06:04 PM
Michelle/nyc

in a past trip I stayed at Norumbega in Camden and Captain Lord in Kennebunkport. I'm returning to Maine after 4 years and would like to stay in a different place. after doing a little research, I would appreciate feedback on places to stay in Camden, Kennebunkport and Bar Harbor... Bar Harbor: Nannau, Blue Nose Inn, The Tides, Ivy Manor, Balance Rock. Camden: Maine Stay, Inn at Sunrise Point (sounds great!), Blue Harbor House, Camden Harbor House. Kennebunk: The Ocean View, White Barn (sold out), Tides in By the Sea. after making a few phone calls I was happy to hear that there is still availablility in August. GREAT VIEWS AND LOCATION IMPORTANT. feedback on the above or make other suggestions. THANKS...

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 11:57 AM
topper

!

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 07:19 PM
tops

no replies??

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 03:49 PM
RHM

My wife and I stayed at the Bar Harbor Inn the first week of June. The room was clean and had a stunning view of Frenchmans Bay. The breakfast buffet is very good. We looked at the Blue Nose Inn but wanted to stay closer to the bay and be within walking distance of the shops.

Overall a great experience, we loved Maine.

Regards,

RHM

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 04:26 PM
Audrey

We have stayed at the Blue Harbor House in Camden; it was very nice, we could walk into town, breakfast was wonderful; it won't meet your view requirement though. The Ocean View is right on Kennebunk Beach; the White Barn Inn is closer to the little town of Kennebunkport. I prefer the Ocean View.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 11:25 AM
Larry

I just replied to someone wanting info on restaurants and I told them not to miss the outdoor patio for drinks at the Bar Harbor Inn. I would stay there if I ever went back to Bar Harbor. I wouldn't advise staying at Bar Harbor HOtel/Blue Nose Inn. Too far up a hill and too far from the center of things. If you like a view, try the Bar Harbor Inn. We went to Kennebunkport for the afternoon. I was happy that was all we did there. I'm sure there are nice places, but we were staying at the Cliff House in Ogunquit and I think that is a much better choice unless you have other reasons to be at Kennebunkport. I was turned on to the Cliff House by quite a few posts on this board. You might take a look at then as well before you make your reservations.

Old Aug 4th, 2001, 03:24 PM
michelle/nyc

thank you for your responses...

any good restaurant suggestions next? a favorite Lobster Pound not to miss? great views a plus...