My wife, daughter (age 18) and I are flying in to Boston/Logan mid afternoon July 5th and fly back out of Boston, early morning July 14, so I need to leave a day for seeing a few sites in Boston on July 13. Our goal is to spend time exploring up the Maine coastline and possibly into New Brunswick as well. We love nature, lighthouses, and eating at food joints where we can mingle with the locals.
Based upon the forums I have screened thus far, there seems to be a consensus that we should spend time in Acadia Nat'l Park. Other folks simply reference Acadia, thus, I am not sure if they are also referring to the Nat'l park or the Acadia area in general. I did a mapquest search of Acadia and it listed the center as close to the Canadian border. We are definitely water and mountain people and would like to do some hikes that are not overly difficult.
As soon as we land we will head towards Portland. I was thinking to only spend the night and the following day there and perhaps make our way into Rockland the second night. I have seen various recommendations for Camden / Rockland and was not sure on the adequate number of days I should lodge in Rockland as a hub before moving further north. I have seen folks discuss SW Harbor, Barr, Boothbay, etc.
I have never been to Maine before so I have no understanding of how long it might take to meander the coastline or the best hub locations. I figure whatever we miss, we can catch on my way back down to Boston.
Your assistance is requested and greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 U/S##Yahoo¬¬**password##recovery-CONTACT-☎-1877-255-1244-Yahoo-Tec*h-24-7
- 2 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 3 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 4 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 5 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 6 I need help
- 7 Yellowstone, Cheyenne (rodeo), Mt Rushmore- Can we do it??
- 8 Newport Beach restaurants
- 9 4 days in Miami
- 10 A Few days in Museums
- 11 travelling from Miami to New York
- 12 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 13 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 14 10 day California Trip in July
- 15 Travel Shenanigans
- 16 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 17 Alaska July 3 - July 16 Itinerary help
- 18 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 19 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 20 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season
- 21 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 22 Las Vegas TR
- 23 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 24 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 25 Los Angeles for Christmas