Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Luxury Hotels - Seattle (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/luxury-hotels-seattle-292797/)

DE Feb 26th, 2003 02:42 PM

Luxury Hotels - Seattle

Would appreciate any opinions or recommendations on very good hotels in Seattle preferably in or near the downtown area. <BR>Many Thanks.

Wendy Feb 26th, 2003 03:22 PM

Hi DE,<BR><BR>I would check into the Inn at the Market, Four Seasons Olympic, the Elliott Grand Hyatt and the Sorrento Hotel. All are downtown Seattle<BR><BR>Wendy

Gardyloo Feb 26th, 2003 03:31 PM

The W and Monaco are also downtown if you're hip enough. The Olympic is the big dog, though.

PamSF Feb 26th, 2003 03:33 PM

I really like the Inn at the Market. From some of the rooms(get water or market view) you can gaze for hours. The service is good, the rooms nicely done and you are parked right at the market. An added treat..you can walk downstairs for dinner at Campagne.

Patrick Feb 26th, 2003 08:04 PM

Stayed at the Alexis and loved it. Next time it was fully booked and got a room at Inn at the Market -- loved it even more. But I'm a smaller boutique hotel type of person who doesn't usually like the huge 5 star places.

DE Feb 26th, 2003 10:05 PM

Thank you all for your comments. Another hotel that has been suggested is the Bellevue Club Hotel outside of downtown Seattle. Any opinions on this particular accommodation? If we choose to stay in town, the Inn at the Market would probably be our choice as you have recommended.

Kostroma Feb 27th, 2003 06:02 AM

I live on the Eastside where Bellevue is located and while I've never stayed at the Bellevue Club, I can tell you that if you're planning on spending most of your time in or around downtown Seattle, then Bellevue isn't the most convenient place to stay. Bellevue is across the lake from Seattle and while it's not very far away, downtown Bellevue can be anywhere from a 15-45 minute drive to downtown Seattle depending on traffic and time of day. I love Bellevue, but if I was a tourist visiting the area simply to spend time in Seattle, I'd stay in Seattle simply because it's more convenient.

eastcoaster Feb 27th, 2003 06:46 AM

We stayed at Four Seasons Olympic (9/02) and loved this hotel! Using a particular c/card, afforded us early check-in and an upgrade to a jr. suite (10th fl.) including breakfast. When returning to Seattle, we'd definitely stay again at this hotel.

Wendy Feb 27th, 2003 08:38 AM

I really wouldn't stay in Bellevue as another poster pointed out the traffic here can be horrendous and you have to go across the bridge. Bellevue is very sterile also- basically a mall and some business buildings; nothing to do at night.

Rainy Feb 27th, 2003 12:25 PM

I work about a block away from the Bellevue club... nothing exciting in this area, I would highly recommed staying in Seattle over Bellvue. There's been a lot of construction in this area too - although the road you'd use to get to the Bellevue Club is now open there's still some minor construction going on...

DE Feb 27th, 2003 12:42 PM

Thanks again for all your responses. Actually our visit to the area is business related so we are not there as tourists. That's why the Bellevue was also suggested as we don't have to be in the downtown core. Just looking for very good accommodations and service.

tilburg Feb 27th, 2003 09:43 PM

Four Season!!

Travelking Feb 28th, 2003 07:28 AM

Four Seasons is the only game in town.

andy Feb 28th, 2003 08:44 AM

I LOVED the Monaco when we were there--<BR>they have a sister hotel in SFO that is also terrific..<BR><BR>Funky boutique UPSCALE hotel-- killer interior design--very very different looking- connected to great restaurant and near a few other great ones ( the names escape me)....<BR><BR>But I also love boutique hotels and this one is definitely high end...and wonderful....Wine and cheese in the cocktail hours...terrific....

Wendy Feb 28th, 2003 04:37 PM

If you stay at the Monaco on business you can get a goldfish in your room to keep you company. It's one of their little perks! :)